Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream Owners | Member Exchange > Gulf Stream Service
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-12-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
robfogle

Send a message via MSN to robfogle
Default Changes at Gulf Stream

It looks like things might be changing for the better at GS. We just purchased a new 2007 GS Endura about 1 1/2 months ago. Shortly after we received a notification that we were members of the Gold Program and had a personal contact at GS for assistance with the factory. Well we received an another letter today explaining that we had new representative. hopefully things are on an up swing at GS. So it looks like they are getting rid of the people that were not doing there job. (Hopefully)

To be honest we have not had any issues or problems getting 1st class service at our dealer on warranty repairs that have been needed. They have been on time and very thorough with the repairs and fixes that have been needed so far.

I have contacted the factory twice. Once by email and once by phone. I contacted them by by email for documentation that was missing on our new coach. I received an email the next day with notification that they were very sorry for the problem and were sending out the documentation that was missing. I received the replacement docs 2 days later. The phone call that I made to the factory was immediately connected to one of the technicians and had my answer within 5 minuets. The problem was when we picked up our Endura the dealer told me that the hot water heater by-pass was behind a panel in the kitchen next to the hot water heater. When getting it ready for our first trip I wanted to make sure that the hot water heater was not in by-pass mode. When I removed the panel there was no by-pass to be found. The GS tech very quickly pointed me to the correct place in the back bedroom for the by-pass.

The only issue that I have to date is when I asked them why they put a B/W rear camera on the Color back-up system. I haven't received any answer on it they were just concerned whether it was working or not. It works fine it, to me, seems a little stupid when the two cameras are not that much different in price. When you order the kit it comes standard with a color camera. Just annoys me, that's all. Especially when the Brochure shows Pict's of a color system. Oh well I just chalk this one up to my ignorance and not knowing enough to ask before we signed on the dotted line.

But over all we love the Endure and happy we decided on it.

SE Wisconsin

2007 Gulf Stream Endura 6340
1998 Bryant 196 Limited
robfogle is offline   Reply With Quote