Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #1
ivy9767

Default Gulf Stream Prairie Schooner - washer drain pipe

Hi there! I'm so glad to find this site...this is my first 5th wheel...I live in it full time. It's been quite the learning experience. It's a 2007 38ft Prairie Schooner 5th Wheel. It has washer connections in the closet but the previous owners didn't have a washer they opted for the closet space. I purchased an RV washer, installed it...easy...then went to put the drain hose in and ran a cycle. The water came back up almost immediately. I put a coat hanger in to see if it was clogged and about 15 inches down it hit an obstruction. I can't see any doors or panels to open and view the pipes where the connections or drain pipe is. Does anyone know what is up with this? Is there a simple trick to it?

Thanks in advance.
ivy9767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:58 PM   #2
Colorado350

Welcome to the Forum.

Lose the coat hanger and buy a real drain snake or get a plumber that could send a camera down the pipe.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
ivy9767

The coat hanger showed it was not clogged but that the pipe ended almost 15 inches down. A camera and a plumber are not not going to tell me more than that with a camera line. Thanks for the advice anyway. My question is for anyone who has this RV with washer plumbing to see if there is something that needs to be opened in this pipe that I am not seeing...It's not clogged with debris, there is something flat and hard...almost like the end of a pipe or could it be a valve that needs to be slid open? The only problem with that is...like I said in the OP, there are no panels to open and see. Again, thanks for the advice.
ivy9767 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#drainpipe, #washerdryer