Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
howermj

Default 2009 Constellation 45G

Hello all,

I'm headed up to Spartansburg for work (and Camp Freightliner) in about 2 weeks, and I discovered that Camping World Spartansburg has a 2009 TM Constellation T45G on the lot (http://www.campingworld.com/rvsales/cla ... er/346002/). I've always been interested in this coach -- in fact, it was the one I originally sold my wife on -- but we decided on a more reasonably priced '00 Scenic Cruiser followed by an '06 TM T40A. We have been very happy with both, and I've become quite the RV tech in the process.

I'd like this august group to weigh in on the following before I visit the dealer:

The 2009 Connie has a 12 cu.ft. Dometic Elite fridge in the slide. After FTing in our TM, my wife says she can't live without her 22 cu.ft. residential fridge. What would your thoughts be on putting a residential fridge in place of the Dometic in the slide? The GE residential in my TM is about 100 lbs heavier than the gas Dometic, and it can hold about 100 lbs more stuff. (Net weight increase of 200 lbs on the full-wall slide.) The Tag Axle Winnie Tour 42 has a residential fridge in its full-wall slide, but it was likely engineered differently.

Murphy bed or not? The new Connie materials show a Murphy bed and a media room. The one at Camping World appears to have a traditional king bed (no media room). Has anybody ever seen a configuration like this before?

What would you pay? CW offers if for $200K. I could buy one new in 2010 for that. What would be reasonable for an out-of-warranty GS tag with 9K miles on it?

FYI - I'm not looking for comments on Gulf Stream quality. I know they built good coaches -- I've owned two, and I'm more than happy doing the work to keep it going on my own. (If I wanted a discussion on qualty, I'd go over to IRV2.

v/r
MJH

PS -- I'll report my findings from the dealer when I get there. If you have specific things you would like me to look at, let me know.
howermj is offline   Reply With Quote