Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM   #1
Spads

Default Shower stall water leaks

We own a 2021 Conquest 6245D which we purchased used. We are suffering from constant water leaks emitting from under the shower pan. I've adhesive caulked & tightened every spot accessable to no avail. It seems that the only step left is to remove the shower pan, which would require taking apart the whole shower!
Has anyone had experience with this issue and/or the project?
Spads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 07:21 PM   #2
Just two

I have a BT 5210 and I am currently working on the bathroom. I have the shower walls open and exposing all the plumbing and the pan. I could send you pictures if you think they may help?

There is a waterless trap under the shower that looks like it might be problematic. We have a sticker on our shower warning against using mechanical drain cleaner with this type of trap.
Just two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 08:38 PM   #3
Spads

Thanks Just Two. If it's not to much trouble a photo would be great. I think I've found the source of our leak - the drain was not properly seated, but I'm also having heater air flow issues. There's a vent on the pan facing, but no ducting leading to it (and no air flow). So a photo would be helpful. Thanks again for responding.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:31 AM   #4
Just two

Default Extra vent under shower.

I will get you some pictures. We already removed the front panel on the front of the shower step. There was 2 - 4” vents one connected to flex duct that travels under the floor to the furnace. The other had no duct connected. I think it was used to allow air to migrate under the raised floor of the shower area. It may also have been there to access that waterless trap.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:02 AM   #5
Just two

Default Pictures

First 2 pics are under the shower pan showing the waterless trap. Looks like is has 2 treaded fittings. They may be an issue. I removed the panel in the front to upgrade the Pex piping. There was the 2 - 4 “ vent outlets one in uses and the other was an access to that trap. The pictures may be sideways I had to turn this tablet to get a clear shot.

Hope that helps? If you need more help or pictures just ask.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0675.jpg (159.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0677.jpg (160.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0672.jpg (180.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 03-17-2024, 11:08 AM   #6
Spads

Thanks for the photos. Your under pan layout looks similar to our model. I've found that the gland nut on the drain needs tightening (which looks to be totally unaccessable) so we're going for the duct tape procedure until we get home from our spring trip.
I hope that you're having a good experience with your motorhome - ours seems to be in the self destruct mode! Very unhappy!
Old 03-17-2024, 05:24 PM   #7
Just two

Default Good bumper sticker

Caution Vehicle in Self Destruct Mode.

Old 03-17-2024, 08:07 PM   #8
Spads

That's really funny, thanks for sharing!
Old 03-19-2024, 07:44 PM   #9
Just two

Default Closing up the bathroom walls

Got some more work done on the bathroom. More tile came in tiling again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0686.jpg (187.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0685.jpg (170.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0634.jpg (181.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-24-2024, 03:09 PM   #10
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

There is an access somewhere to the drain; common issue is that the plastic NUT to drain fitting was not properly tightened. NO TOOLS ALLOWED, as tools= CRACKED PLASTICS. the SEAL IS A SOFTER PLASTIC WASHER. The nuts to the threaded fittings loose= usually the issue. After you think tight by hand, try to wiggle pipes, then tighten again. Good Luck.
Old 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM   #11
mile-high-endura

Default Shower leak

We replaced our carpet with vinyl flooring in our 6340 so didn’t notice a water leak until the floor damage was done. Turns out the P trap on the shower had broken off. I was able to fix the connection without removing the shower pan. Years later we replaced subflooring even under the shower pan when it got soft.

Jeff
mile-high-endura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 05:15 AM   #12
Tpreston

I have the same unit and my pan started leaking last fall. Same issue, seal around the drain was leaking. When I tried to remove the drain from the access hole, I found that the pvc connecting to the drain elbow had been glued at the factory. ��
I had to removed the facing on the step up to the shower and hacksaw the pipe lose, then try to find the same size fittings at Home Depot to put it all back together. What a mess just because someone glued the fittings. Of course the facing board split when I was removing it and I had to redo that section as well. Nothing seems to be easy when working on these vehicles.
Good luck with your repairs.
Tpreston is offline   Reply With Quote