Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-11-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Taybersean

Default 2003 Gulfstream Friendship Onan 7500 tripped?

Hi all,

New to the forum and new to RV ownership.

We purchased the 2003 GS friendship a week back and it's awesome, but while using it for our first night out, we were running a little too much (I think) including the microwave and a coffee machine to name a couple of the items, and lost power. I've searched the manual, and other than checking circuit breakers under the bed (which are all still in the ON position), I can't work out what else to check?

I selected the inverter afterwards and everything comes on no problem, but I can't get the onan to do it's thing again. It starts and runs no problem but no charge to the 110 system. Any ideas of what to look at and where to find it, would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, Sean & Bernice
Taybersean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:32 PM   #2
Taybersean

Default Re: 2003 Gulfstream Friendship Onan 7500 tripped?

Disregard my message above, I finally found something in google telling me to look at the genset itself and check the circuit breaker on that. It had tripped. Didn't think to look in there as it came with a giant bra across the front of the vehicle, making it labor intensive to check! Now I've found it, I'll never forget that! Also worked out how to lay under the front and reach up from underneath and flick that breaker without accessing through the front, should it ever happen again. Should save some labor!
Taybersean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:30 PM   #3
RayChez1

Default Re: 2003 Gulfstream Friendship Onan 7500 tripped?

After reading the first post I knew exactly what circuit breaker had tripped and was getting ready to send a responds to you, then I read the second post and saw you had found the breaker.

It has only happened to me once in the thirteen years I have owned my coach. And what happened in my case I turned everything on from heat/pumps air conditioners to micro waves at the same time. And I guess it was just too much of a sudden load and it did trip that circuit breaker. But it was just a test, a person hardly ever does that in a normal situation. But now if I want both air conditioners on at the same time, I will start them at least one minute apart to avoid the sudden jolt of electricity.

Congrats on you 2003 GulfStream Friendship. They are really good coaches. I have the Scenic Cruiser and it has been an excellent coach. I bought it brand new in April 2003, and it has been so good I plan to keep it for a lot more years.

And if you need any other help, their some Friendship owners that belong to this forum, and with a lot of knowledge that can help.

Ray Chez
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote