Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-17-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
Vfontan

Default 07 Tour Master T40C water heater

I recently purchased an used TM T40C and I am getting no hot water inside the house. Both switches are on and the voltmeter says the electric heating element is good. The water is hot coming out of the heater's relieve valve but not inside the house. I've looked to see if there is a bypass valve that might be open and mixing cold and hot water between the heater and the house to no avail and the outside shower valves are turned off. Unless the water temperature is dropping that drastically between the heater and the house I am at a loss here.
Pilot won't come on either and it still cold at night so I might boiling water to shower for the near future or start replacing components.
Has anyone had similar issues or know of anything else I might need to check?
Thanks
Old 03-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #2
Chuck v

Victor,

Your T-40C has a water distribution manifold in the bay just in front of the curb side rear wheels. There are individual shut-off valves for just about everything in the coach on an independent circuit... The red valves in the left column are the hot distribution and the blue valves in the right column are the cold distribution.

Be sure that the valve at the bottom of the red stack is set to OFF (valve #9) otherwise your heater is in the bypass mode as might be used for winterizing, etc.

Chuck

...and when operating on propane, there is no pilot light on the water heater -- it is DSI.

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
Vfontan

Thank you Chuck, that was the issue. Electric works just fine, LP side not so much but not a whole lot time to work on it while I travel east.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
Burkejonathan

Default Water heater bezel onT40B removal

How does one get the outer bezel on the outside off from around the water heater after removing the four screws behind the cover on a T-40 B suburban water heater replacement job?
Burkejonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:42 PM   #5
W0JON

Maiden voyage of my 2006 tour master t40a and have water heater question. Propane comes on but no hot water. So manifold says for bypass to turn 9 hot on and cold off. So what should it be to use the heater. Should 9 hot be off and 9cold be on. Or should both be on or both off?? Cold shower when it is 41 degrees outside is not too inviting ��
W0JON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:51 PM   #6
W0JON

Just opposite of bypass Thanks to James Hsu for the info.
W0JON is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water heater