Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #1
Fionasgarden

Default Visa 19RGU- dinette to bed??

My husband and I just bought a 2012 Gulfstream VISA 19RGU. ( It has the L shaped dinette).

We love it but cannot for the life of us figure out how to configure the cushions from the dinette to make up the bed once the table is down.

Does anyone have a diagram or photos??

HELP!
Fionasgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
CapsFanChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionasgarden View Post
My husband and I just bought a 2012 Gulfstream VISA 19RGU. ( It has the L shaped dinette).

We love it but cannot for the life of us figure out how to configure the cushions from the dinette to make up the bed once the table is down.

Does anyone have a diagram or photos??

HELP!
We just purchased the same unit. There does not appear to be a way to convert it to a bed beyond removing the back cushions and placing s small child on there to sleep. I have no idea where they get the “sleeps 4” from the literature. I am not sure that I would want 4 adults in there at the same time anyway!
CapsFanChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
Fionasgarden

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that I am not completely losing it, as I tried and tried so many different ways of arranging the cushions to make it work. Disappointing as I had hoped to have an extra bed to at least accommodate one extra guest maybe.

Anyway, let me know if you discover differently and find a way to make it work. Funny, because the table folds down and makes into what appears to be a bed. It's just the cushions that won't cooperate!
Old 01-13-2019, 10:09 AM   #4
amblttow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fionasgarden View Post
Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that I am not completely losing it, as I tried and tried so many different ways of arranging the cushions to make it work. Disappointing as I had hoped to have an extra bed to at least accommodate one extra guest maybe.

Anyway, let me know if you discover differently and find a way to make it work. Funny, because the table folds down and makes into what appears to be a bed. It's just the cushions that won't cooperate!
We purchased our 19RGU used, and the table was gone. However, we never assumed there was provision for an extra bed. Great little trailer though, tows well, costs little in extra gas consumption for towing. Had a 3" lift installed, however. We lost 2 stab. jacks to grounding on entry to a gas station.
amblttow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
elmerfud

I also have a 2012 Visa RGU. It will sleep 3. I fabricated an extension that goes half way into the door well. This allows the base cushions to slide down toward the door about 10 inches. The side cushions are not used, as they are thinner and round. I then made an upholstered foam filler to fill in the area at the top of the bed. I replaced all of the cheap foam. I could never figure how the free standing dinette would fit. It made it too wide and it was too low compared to the bench and there was no way to latch it to the bench.
I hope it helps.
elmerfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #6
Fionasgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfud View Post
I also have a 2012 Visa RGU. It will sleep 3. I fabricated an extension that goes half way into the door well. This allows the base cushions to slide down toward the door about 10 inches. The side cushions are not used, as they are thinner and round. I then made an upholstered foam filler to fill in the area at the top of the bed. I replaced all of the cheap foam. I could never figure how the free standing dinette would fit. It made it too wide and it was too low compared to the bench and there was no way to latch it to the bench.
I hope it helps.
I would love to see a photo(s) of what you did to modify the dinette into a bed, if you wouldn't mind. Sounds like you came up with a great solution!
Old 04-06-2020, 11:10 PM   #7
Fionasgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by amblttow View Post
We purchased our 19RGU used, and the table was gone. However, we never assumed there was provision for an extra bed. Great little trailer though, tows well, costs little in extra gas consumption for towing. Had a 3" lift installed, however. We lost 2 stab. jacks to grounding on entry to a gas station.
I agree- it's a great trailer!
Old 04-07-2020, 06:10 PM   #8
elmerfud

Default RGU 3rd Bed

I lengthened the couch to bring it to 75". I stored the back cushions as they were incredibly uncomfortable. We just put a bunch of throw pillows on the wall of the couch. I made and sewed a filler base cushion to fill in the head area and slide the rest of the cushions down onto the base extension that steals 10" from the door footwell. The semicircular corner cushion slides towards the base and provides the width of a single bed in the shoulder region. Attached are picks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200407_162515.jpg (180.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20200407_162629.jpg (180.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20200407_162747.jpg (169.7 KB, 9 views)
elmerfud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #9
Fionasgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfud View Post
I lengthened the couch to bring it to 75". I stored the back cushions as they were incredibly uncomfortable. We just put a bunch of throw pillows on the wall of the couch. I made and sewed a filler base cushion to fill in the head area and slide the rest of the cushions down onto the base extension that steals 10" from the door footwell. The semicircular corner cushion slides towards the base and provides the width of a single bed in the shoulder region. Attached are picks.
That's really ingenious! Thank you for sharing... now to get the husband on it.