Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
Deany41

Default Where is the slide motor access panel 2006 BT Cruiser

I am a new member. Saw lots of good info in the forums.
I have a 2006 BT Cruiser. 5291 model with kitchen and sofa/bed on slide. Have had for one year and we do love the camper.

The motor on the slide runs but does not move the slide in or out. (This happened 500 miles from home so had to use a ratchet strap to hold the slide in). I simply cannot find the access panel to the slide motor. I hear it run but I find no reasonable way to access the motor or gearing. I started to rip apart the under side of where the motor is (I think). This is within the battery compartment. I removed a bunch of foam sealant from a metal pan but this panel has no screws or evidence of being able to be removed.
Above this is the floor under the sofa which again has no evidence of access to the slide motor.
I am flabbergasted with how to find the problem. It is not an electrical but a mechanical problem. Maybe a gear pin or a set screw...who knows but can find no way to access it without literally ripping the entire thing apart.
Does anyone have any knowledge about this? Thanks
Deany41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
bfrazier

You might try instant messaging a member here named Bob Winfield. Bob is a retired fire mechanic and has the exact same model (as do I) but I honestly could not find an answer to your question. Sorry!

bests,
Bob Frazier
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
kvnj

Default Access panel

Hi.. I have a 2007 BT Cruiser and the access panel for the slide motor is on the inside top of the storage bay , beneath the sofa in the living room slide area.

Hope that helps.
kvnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
Deany41

Thanks for the reply. The access panel was covered in foam making it hard to find. Used an air descaler to remove foam to find bolts and eventually slide motor which had a broken roll pin.
Old 09-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #5
bfrazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deany41 View Post
Thanks for the reply. The access panel was covered in foam making it hard to find. Used an air descaler to remove foam to find bolts and eventually slide motor which had a broken roll pin.

Nice of you to mention the solution. That access panel.. was it up above the second basement bay on the drivers side?
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:07 AM   #6
Deany41

I errored in my BT C model. It is the 5231 B on a Chev chassis. The storage compartment is where the Battery's are located and a small storage area. The ceiling of this compartment is the floor with the slide directly above. I had to contact Gulfstream who eventually convinced me that there was a removeable panel in this compartment which extends beyond the compartment ending about a foot in front of the rear wheels. Initial access on the road to get at the manual turn screw would have been a real treat with all the foam removal required, if one knew it was even there. Once the panel is removed the above floor slide motor and gear is the area in front of the wheels. Which is good since one can at least reach up to get at the manual screw for turning in slide. Since a shear pin was broke the manual screw was of no use. I have a great set of pictures of this area if you ever want to email me - [email protected]. Since I exposed this area it will be much easier to access if I have problems in the future. Probably more info than you wanted but one never knows if too much info helps later on down the road.

Tags
slide motor access