Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #1
bhadley

Question 93 Scenic Cruiser Ignition Switch

I think I need to identify and replace the ignition switch on my 93 Spartan framed diesel pusher.

The panel lights up and I get the low air pressure horn, but it will not excite the starter solenoid. Could this be something else? Had a Diesel mechanic with Allison training try to diagnose without luck. He said the Allison computer controller was probably the problem. I pulled it out and had it checked...it is OK.

Also noticed when I tried to remove the ignition switch, that it has a 1.75" diameter three groove bezel and i have not been able to locate a tool for removal.

Thanks for any and all help, Bill

bhadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
Restorium

The ignition switch is under the column. It's not the part you insert the key in.

This might help give you an idea;

Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
RayChez1

I used to have ignition problems with my 2002 Scenic Cruiser when new. But what mine was doing is it would start, but as soon as it would hit a bump the engine would turn off. So I pulled the switch out of the dash and noticed that the back cover on the switch itself had pulled away and was not making good contact. I pushed the back cover back in place and secured it with the tabs. Has not given any more problems in the last fourteen years. But even if you have to replace the ignition switch, it looked fairly easy. The ignition switch on my Freight liner chassis does not look at all like the previous you tube video. But it still was an interesting video because I do have a Ford F-250 that might have that system.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #4
Sundancer268

There is a relay on the back passenger side frame in front of the air dryer that is flakey on ny 95 scenic cruiser, it clicks several times before it will pass enough power to start the engine. Might be your issue if you have the diesel.
Sundancer268 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
93 scenic cruiser, allison, diesel, ignition switch