Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-07-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
TheHansens

Default BBQ hookup

As you can tell, we are new to RVing. Here's another question and after reading this web site, I know someone will have the answer

When we purchased our vehicle, the dealer installed a quick connect so we could attach our BBQ to the on board propane. We purchased a Weber grill but did not realize they made no connection to hook up the grill to the quick connect. We will need to carry a 20lb tank if we want to BBQ. Has anyone faced and solved this problem
Old 01-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
RJ82much

I have an extenda-stay and an extenda-flow installed in my propane supply line. I don't believe either are "quick connects". For reference, the extenda-stay allows you to connect an additional propane tank, & the extenda-flow allows you to connect additional devices (heaters, grills) to your motor home propane supply.

The extenda-flow can be seen at http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/lp-gas/50290.htm

I bought my kit (with both "extenda's") from Camping World. I have tried each to confirm operation, though haven't yet had to depend on either.

The extenda-flow that you asked about typically comes with a 12' hose. I bought a 5' extension so that I can easily place my grill on a curbside picnic table, while connected to roadside tank.

I met an RVer this summer who used airhose with quick connects like used in garages for air power tools. I asked him if it was safe (because I had no idea) and he said "absolutely,,, why not?"

So, it sounds like you just need to decide what fittings you need to accomplish the task. In addition to Camping World, I found a wide variety of fittings at TSC (Tractor Supply Co). You will be able to use your Weber, fueled by your motor home propane.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
earljan34

Bob said it all!!!!

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
TheHansens

Default BBQ

You guys are awesom! Can't wait to get on the road. Leaving Saturday for a week shake down curise and you have made us feel so much more comfortable. I will have WiFi so I know if I have a problem,I know you'll be there for us. Hope sometime we can do the same. Happy Trailes to all!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
RJ82much

Default Re: BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHansens
....I will have WiFi so I know if I have a problem,I know you'll be there for us. Hope sometime we can do the same. Happy Trailes to all!
Ah ha, the next question is, though you have WiFi, will you have a WiFi service to connect to?

I bought this very expensive laptop to do all sorts of things, including WiFi internet which I assumed was everywhere. (Wife & I camp mostly at state parks). So far, rarely do we have service. Wife freaks out if I say I'm throwing the laptop in the car & heading to town to check my email.... (Women just don't get it, do they??? ha ha ha). I have stayed at a couple commercial campgrounds - one did have free WiFi, the other wanted to charge exorbitant fees). I don't have a cell air card.

I also found out that most travel centers & rest areas also charge a large fee for temporary access. The exception is the NY Thruway which boasts & delivers free access.

Be sure to let us know your problems & solutions.. Have a good shakedown

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:17 PM   #6
TheHansens

Default First time out

We are very lucky and have a friend that is letting us use her internet card for this trip... just in case????? The campgrounds say they have WiFi but no other particulars.

We are retired with cell phones so nothing important could be missed other than something on ebay. Oh Well We can probably live without it!

This is all so exciting and I can't believe it took so long for us to make the decision to live what we preach...the boys (5) are very excited for us. I don't think they realize that our second moto is "we are spending our childrens inheritence