Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-09-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
coolchas11

Default Tail Pipe

We had our 2007 Tour Master delivered to our home yesterday. Too early to determine what works and what doesn't. It is a beautiful coach!!!
On our "maiden voyage" today to the storage lot here in Monroe the chrome tail pipe extension fell off. Ever happen? Doesn't look too difficult to put back on. Charlie
Old 12-09-2006, 11:07 PM   #2
djqualls

When you put it back on, Angle the exit about 45 degrees or you will stir up a dust cloud with it.

On Mine its very difficult to keep the back clean of road dust sucked to the louvers on the engine door and the exhaust being angled away helps a little.

Dave.......
Old 12-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
trickto322

I tried to adjust my tail pipe to keep the dirt off the back of the coach. My tail pipe is held on with a large clamp and a screw that goes clean threw the pipe and the stainless extender, so I can't put it in any other position. These two must be loose or missing on yours.
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
coolchas11

When I closely looked at the pipe the screw was still there with stainless behind it. In other words, part of the metal had broken off. The screw could not be tightened since the hole was too big. Anyway, the rig is at Long View for the pipe, the living room slide wooden frame, mirror tightening, and carpet cleaning. The stained carpet is a serious issue to us as it should be in "new" condition. How are you doing with your issues? I recall you had brought up the squeaky breaks. Freightliner told me the brakes need to be "burnished" as per the owners manual. Charlie
Old 12-24-2006, 10:16 PM   #5
trickto322

Our rig is sitting in Quartzsite, AZ until late January. On our way out of here we are going to stop at the Freightliner shop in Phoenix and have all of our issue's looked at. We also had a problem with the carpet, dealer did clean it but not very well. Will see him again on the way home. "WE WILL GET THE BUGS OUT OF THESE THINGS, IT DID TAKE TIME TO PUT THEM IN"!!!!!!!! have a great holiday
Johnnie
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickto322
I tried to adjust my tail pipe to keep the dirt off the back of the coach. My tail pipe is held on with a large clamp and a screw that goes clean threw the pipe and the stainless extender, so I can't put it in any other position. These two must be loose or missing on yours.
You can remove the screw and loosen the clamp, turn the extension, then redrill the hole and install the screw. That is what I had to do on the '03 coach we used to have.

The extension did not turn easily, I had to put a piece of wood into the end to use as a lever to get more leverage and it still turned hard. But I was able to angle it at about 45 degrees.

Our '04 came with the extension angled already from the factory. It does make a big difference in the amount of dirt, etc. on the toad and the rear of the coach.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote