Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-02-2017, 12:17 AM   #1
gunrock1

Default 2017 Amerilite 268bh Issues Recap

Hello,

I've posted these issues on Facebook in a group called RV Tips-another good resource for quick, not always right answers, but helpful.

Anyway, some things I've noticed.

Definitely check every screw, bolt and caulk joint from roof to undercarriage. This is the same for every manufacturer, but i am sure I saved myself some hurt. For example, a screw broke on one of the brackets that holds up the gray tank. Had I not checked, the gray tank would have fell off and who knows how much damage. A stab jack had some busted screws; that could have fell off. I also had some spots I had to touch-up with caulk--the RV stuff from Geocel. Around the doors and a big one-the tail and front lights.

Check door locks and re-secure moldings--they like to come loose, again, normal for RV's.

I am currently trying to confirm the TPO roof manufacturer. Someone on FB thought it is Centimark. I e-mailed Gulf Stream and that company. I want to ask the TPO manufacturer if their roof requires the more expensive Dicor "Ultrasealant"
http://www.dicor.com/ultrasealant/

I also want to confirm an issue I have with the roof manufacturer--all the Dicor joints are rippled. It appears the roof wasn't glued well or maybe improper sealant. Around vents in the back and the rear and front, I have some minor bubbling and rippling.

Also, check your fresh water tank drains if your tank is inside. My floor is soft because the dang shutoff valve is leaking, slowly seeping water so I didn't notice.

My last big issue, the camper is missing a bolt in an outrigger by the bathroom door. This leaves a huge span without the floor/wall being bolted to the frame.

I'll post some of these in detail in a separate thread, just throwing this out there for any new Amerilite owners.

Other warranty issues I am working on-the awning retracts EXTREMELY SLOW or not at all-Leipert. Also, the AC, pretty sure its the thermostat. AC shuts off, unit hums, starts back up, several times a day-for no apparent reason, sometimes several times in minutes. This last trip, AC quit working entirely, I checked the thermostat, pushed on it and the AC magically started working (no loose wires).

Finally, have you noticed manuals to be lacking? It's annoying, none for:
  • No roof care or roof warranty registration? TPO—Which manufacturer?
  • Slide manual?
  • AC manual
  • Stabilizer manual
  • Awning manual
  • Converter manual
gunrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
exjay

X2! DO NOT forget to check and snug up ALL of your screw on water lines (faucets, HW heater, fresh tank/pump etc) and all the P-traps, even the tub one. Found several needed to be tightned up and one Ptrap gasket leaking on my sink but thankfully the pots under the sink caught the dripping water.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #3
Lrmamann

I also am looking for those manuals, especially the power tongue jack which stored working. Now have a propane leak from the regulator to the frame but no manual on the automatic switching propane regulator valve.
I did find an owners manual for the awning online. Mine was a Solara.
Documentation can really be helpful. I've read all the owners manuals that came with ours.
Lrmamann
Lrmamann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:22 PM   #4
exjay

Taking mine in on monday to replace/repair a leaky fresh water pump (pressure switch seal) and to have the awning looked at as it appears the fabric is to be pulling away from the roof on the left (rear) end some. Lucky that our RV dealer and repair faciliy where I bought from is 1/2 mile from my house