Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #11
Restorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyphd View Post
Appliances fail. Requiring over $1000 of unnecessary expense in order to replace is just not acceptable. Just like GM creating new tools in order to ensure that customers use dealerships for maintenance, it's either negligent or worst case, planned. Access could be provided in a number of ways. The front door could have been enlarged, the rear windows, (emergency exit) could be taller, (I think about 4" would do it) or an access panel could have been provided behind the fridge, where the small access panel currently is. Any of these solutions would have made it possible to replace the fridge at minimal cost.

Instead, I'm stuck with either replacing the fridge or repairing. Regarding repair, I have tested the main board (good), and replaced the defrost thermostat. I am trying to determine if it's possible there was a coolant leak, and is it possible to replace.

I don't mean to be negative, but for a coach in this price range, I would hope that quality would have been a primary goal. As I have owned this coach for 3 years, I have learned that hope was in error.
Keith,
Refrigerators are only lasting 10 years these days. Sad but true.
Have you checked the compressor relay?
Check and see if it rattles. If it rattles it is junk. They are cheap. Worth a try.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote