Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
roadwoman

Default change out sofa

Hi I have a 2006BT touring motorhome 5291. We currently have a sofa on the slide out side. Has any one taken their sofa out and replaced with other chairs. I would like 2 recliner chairs because sofa is uncomfortable and only 1 person can sit on sofa to watch TV which you need to lay down on to watch TV. The other (me) has to lay on floor to watch tv. I would love ideas. Thanks
roadwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:20 PM   #2
DolceFarNiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwoman View Post
Hi I have a 2006BT touring motorhome 5291. We currently have a sofa on the slide out side. Has any one taken their sofa out and replaced with other chairs. I would like 2 recliner chairs because sofa is uncomfortable and only 1 person can sit on sofa to watch TV which you need to lay down on to watch TV. The other (me) has to lay on floor to watch tv. I would love ideas. Thanks

People swap out RV furniture all the time, sometimes with ordinary furniture, sometimes with specially made RV furniture. It depends on how much room you have and how much you want to spend.

Easy to do yourself.
DolceFarNiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
FredF

I agree with Dolce.
I took out the couch in our MH and had 50" to work with. We found 2 Lay-Z-Boy recliners with right and left handles but without center armrests that just fit with an inch between them. The slide floor was not deep enough with the chairs in the reclined position. I bought a 5/8" sheet of plywood cut to the correct width and depth to extend the floor by about 6 inches. I used heavy screws to attach the plywood to the existing floor, then drilled and screwed the chairs to the floor. To prevent the chairs from moving I screwed a block of wood behind wooden base.
These chairs were not cheap but worth the cost. We're very happy with the change.
FredF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:50 AM   #4
roadwoman

Thanks Fred Very informative.
Old 01-19-2020, 05:19 PM   #5
Tinman

Default Sofa upgrade

Do you have the original tube type tv? If you do replace it with a led tv. Put a plywood door on the opening an put a swivel mount on the door. Then you can swing out the tv so you can see it from whatever seats you install. You will also gain alot of additional storage
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
roadwoman

Thanks Yes we have done exactly as you stated. Much much better viewing and TV not weighing so much.
Old 01-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #7
Tered0712

.We have a 2005 GS Endura. Our living room slide had a 61 inch sofa bed and the dinette. (same problem watching TV) I removed the couch and one side dinette. I installed an 81 inch three section recliner couch. The middle section folds down when using the recliners with cup and tray holders. Its just us two so we do not miss the dinette bench. The couch bolted right in and seat belts thread thru so the whole thing was simple. NOTE: I found recpro.com, RV furniture manufacturer who sold direct. Odered and arrived next day UPS. Couch came in three sections so it came right in thru the camper door. The quality is very good, we have used it three years now, cost me total $800. less then half of other offers. Hope this helped
Tered0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 01:00 PM   #8
viking

I'm in process of shopping for a new replacement sleeper/sofa in my super c. Have 61in to work with. I've checked amazon, recpro, etrailer, glastop, rvfurniturecenter, ect....

Best price I've found is etrailer.com and free shipping for a tri-fold. Just like anything else you can spend as much as you want on the project

Endura 6340 Super C
viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #9
tmax247

Default Couch replacement

I have a 2004 Endura 6340 with Dinette and Couch. We are a family of 4 older adults. I would like to swap the couch and dinette for some comfortable forward facing seating so passengers can look out the window while traveling. But still need 2 sleeping positions. Recliners would be fine but need to be side facing to recline. I am thinking of swivel recliners but need them to lock during travel and have seat belts. - Any other suggestions?
tmax247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 02:37 PM   #10
MrRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmax247 View Post
I have a 2004 Endura 6340 with Dinette and Couch. We are a family of 4 older adults. I would like to swap the couch and dinette for some comfortable forward facing seating so passengers can look out the window while traveling. But still need 2 sleeping positions. Recliners would be fine but need to be side facing to recline. I am thinking of swivel recliners or couple ones but need them to lock during travel and have seat belts. - Any other suggestions?
I own GS Endura 6340, too, found this thread while looking for a couple recliner for me and my wife. We were advised to go for RecPro Charles Collection like the one in the list you mentioned. Did you buy anything by now?
MrRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 11:46 AM   #11
RY469

Might I recommend while changing out interior furnishings, keep an eye on the weight. RV "stuff" is light weight as compared to things you buy for your house.
I had a recent customer that went overboard upgrading the interior of his fifth wheel. The front jacks collapsed and the RV hit the ground. My two cents.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:43 AM   #12
Henry111

The JUMMICO chair is great for the little space I needed to place it in and it fits me perfectly! The message is great, powerful, and has many options. the fabric is gorgeous and makes a strong and easy-care impression. The lying position is comfortable. The recliner is great and prices the worth it.
Henry111 is offline   Reply With Quote