Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
retired0207

Send a message via AIM to retired0207
Default Cresendo Slide outs

Hello, I am new to the forum and have just joined. I have owned my 2005 Crescendo 8386 for eight months now but have been an RV owner for over 30 years of various types. I purchased the Mh as a new leftover so it has only been tittled since Jan 07. We have had our share of problems with this unit with most of them being the normal issues. Gulf stream and our dealer have been very cooperative to correct any problems that we have encountered with more than a few trips to the dealers shop and a few to Freightliner.

I do have a question for anyone who has a Gulfstrem Crescendo with the hydraylic slides; I have two slides one on each side of the living area and the slide mechanism has two oval hoes or slots that pass to the outside of the MH. These side holes have nothing in them to close the extra space for the cable and rod. I have not spoke to the dealer or Gulf stream about this but would like to to know if anyone has any ideas on how to close these spaces so critters can not enter the storage areas of the MH? Are your slots open as mine? Has Gulf stream left out some sort of flexable seals?
Thanks for any help.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
earljan34

First of all welcome to the forum!!!
I think all of us have had some kind of slide problems, As for me my floor on the main slide was to tight so the slide would not come back in a little trimming and retiming and all was well. As far as the slots for the rails I used a piece of an old inner tube to block mine I don't think that GS puts anything there as all I have seen has none, Just something left to the owner!!!
Hope this helps you a little!

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
retired0207

Send a message via AIM to retired0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by earljan34
First of all welcome to the forum!!!
I think all of us have had some kind of slide problems, As for me my floor on the main slide was to tight so the slide would not come back in a little trimming and retiming and all was well. As far as the slots for the rails I used a piece of an old inner tube to block mine I don't think that GS puts anything there as all I have seen has none, Just something left to the owner!!!
Hope this helps you a little!

Earl
Earl,
Thank you for the welcome and your reply. The old inner tube seems that it will be an easy solution.
Thanks again, Tom