Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-18-2022, 03:27 PM   #1
cajunonthetrail

Default 2001 Ultra (Model 6295BH) Help!!!!

So ... I just bought a 2001 GS Ultra 29' Class C. It has a lot of issues ... Mostly cosmetic ...

Does anyone happen to have a parts diagram and/or wiring diagram for these?

Also, I have some delamination/separation on the right side of the camper above the cockpit (exterior). Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

Cajun
cajunonthetrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:30 PM   #2
Bike Dr

Hello! The delam is probably from moisture got in some where and caused your issue! Find the leak and seal it. Class c are known to leak in that area. Don't use silicone on your roof. Eterna bond and or dicor works great.
The wiring more info to help there as there are 110 and 12v systems so being a little more specific may help..
There are many knowledgeable people on this forum!
Hope this helps for starters good luck so far!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!! LIVING IT!!!!

2005 40' Atrium 8410 SE CAT
2017 20' weller's inclosed trailer
2014 Streetglide Special
2010 mini cooper
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:22 PM   #3
cajunonthetrail

Thanks for the suggestion on the sealant ... The rubber coating is basically gone, so I will reseal the roof.

However, the caulking/bonding agent is now 21 years old. Should I remove that and apply a new sealant (e.g. caulking with Eterna Bond/Dicor)?
cajunonthetrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 03:04 PM   #4
Bike Dr

There are many videos that can help you based on what your roof material is fiberglass, or other to determine the correct seal coating. Eternabond seals around all the vents and around the edges of the roof top! Follow the directions and keep it clean, oil and dirt free before applying the seal tape( eternabond).. careful its very sticky make sure it's where you want it before you touch it to anything or itself. It will not come apart again. It's pricey but what's your coach worth to you.
My roof is 17 yrs old but the edges were just dirty and light cracks in the sealant so I was able to use the eternabond and it has been perfect. I only had to replace the sealant around the vents and skylights..
Bike Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:53 AM   #5
jamesham

We have an even older unit, 1996 Ultra, but experienced the same issues. We have side windows in the overhead bunk area that has caused some delam below windows due to water damage. Delam is fixed by squirting epoxy glue into the void and clamping to force the surfaces back together. Easy to describe but very hard to do.

The roof on ours is EPDM and Dicor products and EternaBond fixed all leaks. We used 2 inch wide Eternabond down the full length on the edges on both sides. Used 4 inch wide Eternabond around ALL stuff that goes thru the roof like vents, pipes, cables, antenna, etc. Coated entire roof with Dicor white seal when finished to complete the repairs. 3 years and no leaks so far.

Do not have a wiring diagram but it is pretty simple. Both 12 volt DC and 115 volt AC go straight down the sides and tie together at the circuit breaker box with all the 12 volt fuses also. Some wires are labeled curb side, and street side, but all are in the same box.

If you have specific questions, ask away. We have redone or repaired almost every inch of our 33 footer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunonthetrail View Post
So ... I just bought a 2001 GS Ultra 29' Class C. It has a lot of issues ... Mostly cosmetic ...

Does anyone happen to have a parts diagram and/or wiring diagram for these?

Also, I have some delamination/separation on the right side of the camper above the cockpit (exterior). Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance!

Cajun
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote