Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Georunner

Default International radiator hose

Texas TC alerted us all to a potential problem with the lower radiator hose on our International chassis RVs. I just wanted to post again to maybe save someone a lot of trouble. The lower hose on the drivers side may, it did on mine, rub on the frame. After awhile, the hose can be cut enought to burst. I caught mine very early thanks to the previous alert. I wrapped my hose with gorilla tape, and then put a long zip tie through a hole drilled in the radiator mount and around the hose to hold it slightly off the frame.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Texas TC

Well, that makes three. When Jim Bob was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, we replaced his hose. It had actually rubbed through and was leaking like mine was.

Remember that the Gates 21743 will work fine for this application although about 9" must be removed from the water pump end. These hoses have two different diameters for each end of the hose. The reservoir end is larger than the end that goes on to the water pump. I like the Gates hose because it re-routes the hose away from the frame. Took me all day the day after Thanksgiving (International dealer closed for the holiday) and several trips to the auto parts store to find this hose but it works great. I suggest that everyone with an International chassis check out their hoses.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
Nanaeve

Default Rubbing Hoses

After reading the posts here, I went and checked the hoses on our 09 6341 Endura on the International Chassis. I found both hoses and the hose on the overflow tank had spots where they touched the frame or other places. I had some 1/4 foam with adhesive backing that I placed in between the hose and frame but was surprised to find the hose from upper overflow tank was also touching. Seems like you have to check everything yourself now to be sure.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
dcwinters

WOW, I wish I would of seen this post earlier. My went out this weekend on a trip. And as you said, it was cut by the frame.

Does International have a recall on this? If not, I assume it would be covered by the warrenty? How much was the Gates hose? Trying to figure out if it's worth the trip to the International Dealer.
dcwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #5
Texas TC

I am on a trip and do not have my files with me but I think the Gates hose that runs from the reservoir to the water pump was around $20.00. So far, that is the only one I have had a problem with.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
JimBob

Default Radiator Hoses

Think TC is about right, something like $20.00 for the Gates hose, took us about a half hour or so of wrangling to replace, plus 2 clamps. Not a bit of trouble since then. No recall that I am aware of.

JimBob
08 Super Nova
Currently in Hershey Pa.
http://jimbobmissbetteandbuster.blogspot.com
JimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #7
galena

I checked my hoses and did not see any issues. I wonder if International has corrected on the later builds? I have a 2009 and the chassis was build in March on 2008.
galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
pchicky

I just went through a 3K checkup on my 6400 model and BOTH of the lower hoses were hitting the frame....one worse than the other, but both had definitely made contact. One salvage radiator hose cut up and some electrical straps solved the problems. It is definitely something every SuperNova owner should at least look at....seems as though there are many out there that have had this problem. It's a super easy fix that prevents a super nasty problem if you're left stranded somewhere from a busted hose.
pchicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
Georunner

Default Re: International radiator hose

There is a Gates hose listed above.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote