Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
jtking

Default PowerTech Generator Problem

The generator will start and run for about 15 seconds then quit. I get an error code on the display panel of 5 blinks of the LED light--which acording to the manual is an AC Fault. Prior to purchasing this coach used, the same problem existed and was fixed by the dealer. The service record says "Re-calibrated breakers". Does anyone know what breakers and/or where they are located? It seems as though the transfer switch dosen't kick in to generator mode. I don't know if there is a reset inside that box or not. Called the dealer this morning service tech that worked on it before is not in today! If anyone has had this problem and has a solution, I'd appreciate it or any other thoughts.
Thanks,
John.......
Old 07-29-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
J79Engine

Default Re: PowerTech Generator Problem

My on board Oean generator quit while my son had our motorhome down at the Tn outdoor concert a few weeks back, lucky I had extended coverage so I paid only $100 to get it repaired. The outtside temp was up in the 90Fs and he used it for 3.5 days straight without a break running about 40 gallons of petrol through it before it quit. I think part of the problem was outside temperature and he did not think to open the access door to give it more air for cooling. The dealer replaced two belts and the fly wheel and belt tensioner all of which ate themselves. Lesson learned, don't use the generator 24x7 without checking it. It was his first time out so he gets this one as a pass! Anyone else have similar experience?
J79Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
mgideon

Default Re: PowerTech Generator Problem

I just took my maiden voyage in my GulfStream Sun Voyager. The generator cut out driving on the interstate, and I'm here researching it.

I was told by my dealer not to run the generator with the door open. The closed door allows for proper circulation for cooling.
mgideon is offline   Reply With Quote