Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
nytrex

Default No power at all

Hi all I have a 1989 gulfstream Regatta today I moved it out of drive way and let it run for a while after about 5 mins she shut down on me, I attempted to restart but all she did was crank, I thought I probably flooded it so I let her sit for about 1hour. when I tried to start her again I got nothing , no cranking,clicking nothing. my headlights,taillight,hazard lights,dash nothing works its completely dead. My battery is good at 12v and connections are tight and clean. I jumped the starter solenoid and she cranks but doesn't start. My fuse box under the steering wheel have no voltage at all, the fuse bus in the engine compartment has voltage to it. Any ideas as to what could be causing this issue?
nytrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: No power at all

The hot wire from the battery to the selinoid is corroded, that is why the battery is good, but no juice is getting to the selinoid. Now as to why it stopped running, it sounds like a plugged up fuel filter. If it is a Ford chassis it will have two fuel filtes, one on the engine and the other will be attached to the frame rail close to the fuel tank towards the rear.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
nytrex

Default Re: No power at all

Thank you I will check on both filters, I got the engine battery going I noticed the start selenoid was wired wrong, but dont see how it had started before. it had all the power connections ties with the starter wire not the battery wire weird. thanks again
nytrex is offline   Reply With Quote