Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
LabCab

Default TIRES

Has anyone replaced their tires on a Super Nova? Any recomendations on dealers or manufacturers concerning ride. The Hankooks that are on it are truck tires. And it is really a truck. I have been told by "ya need to have an RV tire". Will it make that much of a difference.... besides cost?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Texas TC

Default Re: TIRES

I really liked the Hankook tires that I had on my SuperNova. In fact, I plan to put them on my Winnebago when these stupid Michelin's start to weather crack. That should be around year 4-5 from my prevoious experience. I have already found a source in my area.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #3
LabCab

Thanks Tom. I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Got some cracking so I figured it was time.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
RayChez1

I replaced my Michelins with Toyo tires. They are superior to the Michelins as far as I am concerned. I have the 22.5 265x75 16pr. The ride is very smooth and on my coach they wear even. Toyo's give you a five year warranty.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
Nanaeve

Has anyone gone to the Super Singles on thier 6400. The price for replacing them is comparable to 4 Hankooks here in AZ. A neighbor who drives OTR trucks said his company saved 3 mpg with just the tire change. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
Jim&Karin

I just replaced my tires with six Michelin XZE* tires. I purchased the tires using the FMCA and Michelin Advantage Program. Six 255/70/22.5 tires cost $2915 including tax. You pay Michelin directly for the tires and pay the tire dealer for installation. Installation, balancing, valves for the six tires cost $259. I find the ride on the Michelin smoother than the Hankook, but time will tell if they hold up better. I did have very good service from the original Hankook tires which had a mfg date code corresponding to the 8th week of 2007. Michelin tires which were installed were made in the UK, so they are not Made in the USA. The local Hankook dealer really was not familiar with large tires and trucks, so I decided that it was better going to a truck tire dealer. I used Callahan Tire. They are located in many Florida areas I travel.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #7
Hotdogwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim&Karin
I just replaced my tires with six Michelin XZE* tires. I purchased the tires using the FMCA and Michelin Advantage Program. Six 255/70/22.5 tires cost $2915 including tax. You pay Michelin directly for the tires and pay the tire dealer for installation. Installation, balancing, valves for the six tires cost $259. I find the ride on the Michelin smoother than the Hankook, but time will tell if they hold up better. I did have very good service from the original Hankook tires which had a mfg date code corresponding to the 8th week of 2007. Michelin tires which were installed were made in the UK, so they are not Made in the USA. The local Hankook dealer really was not familiar with large tires and trucks, so I decided that it was better going to a truck tire dealer. I used Callahan Tire. They are located in many Florida areas I travel.
We did the same thing only the XRV version. The RV version has some compounds to resist cracking from UV exposure. The michelin program also covers free road side hazard and warranty. Even if they crack from exposure, supposed to be replaced for cheap/free. Was nice to take our 2000 mile trip last summer with no worries about tires. Parked the RV for over 6 months and only had 1 tire down maybe 5-8 psi out of the 6 new ones.

Check your local truck tire dealers, if they sell Michelin they should have info on the program.
Hotdogwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
LabCab

Glad I stuck with the Hankocks that came on the 6362.
Just came back from Gettysberg 150th Ann. (fantastic with the Reenactors) 10 hours on the road with our 6 new Hankocks. They ride great! No more fears on the old weather cracked tires. In fact, the ride seems improved. Even with the bounce of the PA Tpk. (up down, up down) it was smooth.

If I can do something to calm down the fan noise I'll be a very happy camper.

Put in a 3m water filter system to cut down on carrying bottled water for the dogs and that worked out perfect.