Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #1
Grumpy

Default 2004 BTCruiser 5230

Greetings all,
New to this forum. Retired last year and we bought the MH last July and have done some repairs upgrades/mods to it during the time until now, no end in sight. Over all the frame underside is in pretty good shape, 40k on the clock, new upholstery inside. Always interested in sharing what I have done and what others have done/are doing to theirs.

I had to replace and reinforce the floor under the fold out couch, re-did the pex from the freshwater tank installed water valves to add controls to fill from city water, tank draining and pump isolation.

I also had to re-putty the shower drain and the 3 sink drains. My stove-top was only held in with one screw! now 4.

My shower, well I'm just getting to that this year, pulled all of the caulking off that looked as though it wasn't doing anything.
2 questions here:
1 - is the double stick tape that holds the surround together enough for water tightness? If not I didn't like the way the silicone works on the plastic surround and was thinking of using 3M 5200 marine sealant, any thoughts.
2- Is caulking around the tub to surround wall necessary?

I am in the process of upgrading my electrical system, just installed a PI EMS-LCHW30 surge protection device, put an Iota IQ4 on the DLS55 power converter, installed a multi-function meter for the DC side that will show house battery voltage, amps being drawn, watts and power used over time. Put in a new deep cycle battery but because it can be used as an emergency start I opted for a Diehard group 49 which has 850 CCA, 170 min reserve capacity (I think that equals about 70aH). I know it's not your true boondocking arrangement, but, well you know, tradeoffs.
I am interested in running the refrigerator on an inverter for travel, looking at a Samlex SSW-1000, and possibly an overnight here and there, not sure about this aspect right now.

Installed a flat screen in place of the CRT TV.

Reinforced the cab to coach plates on each side, under the padded wall below the overhead up front, tightened the connecting bolts between the roof and overhead. Tightened all of the storage compartment locks

After all this and a bit more I'm probably forgetting the ship is much tighter and am happy to say a lot quieter inside when traveling.
This was one of the better units we saw and it still required so much work, but it seems to be paying off.

Anyway, that's me.
Hope you all enjoy and stay safe!
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote