Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
djqualls

Default Basement Heat

Does anyone know If my coach has basement heat?

I built a 30x60 building with floor and insulation to keep it in and can run the electric heat. I would like to just set the heat and not drain all the lines if possible.

I'm in central Oklahoma and sometimes it will get cold here for a few days running.

Dave.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #2
djqualls

still curious to know if there are ducts going down there. I don't have possession of the coach to find out myself... probably this weekend...
Old 11-26-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
djqualls

Ok I give........

I am curious to know if any other GS Owner has any type of heat ducted to the bays that house water or wastewater holding tanks. If so was it manufactured that way? Or is it a after sale project. I have a insulated garage for the coach but without heat in the garage I don't think I can just let the coach sit in wheather that is constantly say 25 degrees or lower with out leaving the heatpump in the coach turned on.

I would like to just condition the coach rather than to winterize and de-winterize every couple of weeks since I use it for short trips on weekends.

Thanks.

P.S. I was really suprised that there were no replies to my previous post. I thought I had put on deodorant that day....
Old 11-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Gee Dave, I must have been sleep since Nov. 9th because I never saw your post. Sorry about that...

On our coach there are ducts from the rear gas furnace, we have two furnaces, that go to the basement where the tanks are to keep them from freezing.

I guess you have the basement heat pump, is this correct?

Do you also have a gas furnace? I would think that the gas furnace would have a duct going to the tank compartment, but I wouldn't think the heat pump would since the air conditioning would also be going to the compartment when it is used, but that is my opinion.

You might want to sent an email to Scott Pullin at GSC and ask the question to him, I am sure that he can tell you or at least have someone tell you how they are heated. He has been a great help to me in the past.
Provide your model and serial number so they can look the information up.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
djqualls

Thanks Ron.....
Old 12-06-2006, 05:58 PM   #6
treecounter

Send a message via AIM to treecounter

We had the same problem. Before we left to go South it was getting Cold so we set the thermostat at 45. Place our out door thermometer on top of the water tank in the basement. It never got below 40 in the compartment and it was down to 13 out side for two nights running. Yes Virginia there is heat in the basement. Turned on the 12 V light in the compartment for the water "manifold" and where the sewer hose's are. Left a plastic fitting on the flush connection. Didn't drain it. Got a new one for $2 cheap lesson.