Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
bruce

Default HOW TO WINTERIZE A 07 GAS SUN VOYAGER

HOW DO YOU EMPTY ALL THE WATER LINES IN A 07 SUN VOYAGER SO IT IS READY FOR WINTER? DO YOU NEED TO USE A AIR COMPRESSOR ? PLEASE HELP, THANKS
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
03heritagerider

Default Re: HOW TO WINTERIZE A 07 GAS SUN VOYAGER

Many folks do use compressed air to blow out the lines. I am not a fan of that method. Only because I don't trust myself to not exceed the pressure limits of the lines.

What I have done for the past dozen or so years is simply open all the low point drains on the fresh water holding tank, open all the faucets, pull the plug in the hot water tank and let it all air out for a week or two (Now is the time to do it before the freezing weather hits).

Next, I bypass the water heater lines. If you don't have a bypass system, simply disconnect the lines going into and out of the water heater and connect them together with a threaded nipple.

Then close all the low point drains, pour about 4-6 gallons of RV anti-freeze (the PINK stuff) into the fresh water holding tank and turn on the fresh water pump.

Then...
- One by one, turn on the faucets until you see the pink RV anti-freeze flowing (be sure to turn on the hot and cold individually to be sure the anti-freeze is flowing from each line) kitchen sink, bath room sink(s), shower and outside shower. This will fill the P-traps with anti-freeze as well
- Flush the toilet.
- If you have a washer, set it on warm and turn it on for a minute to let the anti-freeze flow through both the hot and cold lines.
- If you have an ice maker, be sure to turn it on until it runs pink then turn off the fridge.

Since the RV anti-freeze is basically vegetable oil and alcohol, it will rinse out of the lines easily when you need to un-winterize.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
J79Engine

I also do the same as you stated but I remove the water filter and puyt in the by pass plug that is in my system before I suck in the pink stuff. It normally takes 1.5 gallon of the pink stuff to completely protect the system. We flush it with bleech in the Spring and two full tanks of water before we use it for washing and bathing. We never use the on board water for drinking, always carring gallons of drinking water in our basement or fridge when we travel. We live just above Cincinnati so we don't see the very cold seen in the East and North but must protect against it as one never knows what old man Winter will blow our way. We are way over due for a brutle Winter but I am ok if it does not come!
J79Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #4
bruce

thanks guys for the winterizing tips, i drained out my coach and then blew the lines with the air compressor. i left open all the drain lines to aid in evporation,
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #5
RayChez1

Not sure if you have a water manifold, but on mine right at the bottom of the manifold are three drain valves. Open the valves and the water all drains out of all the lines.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #6
03heritagerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by J79Engine
... but I remove the water filter and put in the by pass plug."
Ooops! Forgot the filter...thanks for backing me up!