Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Stenzgr

Default I'm a new owner

Just bought a nice 1993 Gulfstream Friendship model 38'. In wonderful shape, runs like a clock. Everything seems to work. However, I cannot find any diagrams or layouts for access items, such as what each basement door is for. Another example, is that I cannot find where to access the propane fill door or place. Is there a map or drawing, of this RV's access items, and what is in each port/opening? Or do I have to kind of experiment and learn as I go. [Don't have a problem doing that, just would like to have something in the RV just in case a friend borrows it and has to call me every time they need to find something]. Thanx for your help.
Stenzgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #2
03heritagerider

Default Re: I'm a new owner

Stenzgr,

Welcome to the forum.

I have a 2003 Friendship that we purchased new and have all the paperwork and manuals. I don't recall a map of the basement compartments. When we got it, they were empty and we just began filling them with our stuff.

Here is the layout of compartment doors under our coach. The first compartment on the passenger's side is the entertainment compartment. It is not connected in any way to the other compartments. This compartment also has a 110v electical outlet and is wired with a coax cable for a television.

The second and third are the actual "basement compartment" doors. There is no division inside the compartment. They both access the same large space all the way through to two doors on the opposite side.

The fourth door is a smaller door showing the right side of the fresh water holding tank.

The next door accesses the water manifold, fresh water filter, fresh water pump and the switch lever for city or tank water.

Next is the engine battery compartment.

The last one accesses one of the electical breaker panels.

On the driver's side, under the driver's seat (in front of the front wheel) is a fuse/relay compartment for many of the automotive electical systems.

Behind the driver's side wheel is one compartment with no lock. This is the propane compartment. There is no floor to this compartment to allow for air circulation, and no lock so access is available in case of an emergency.

The next two compartment doors access the same open basement area as the second and third on on the passenger's side.

Next is the water heater panel (made of metal to withstand the heat).

A small compartment door is next showing the left side of the fresh water holding tank.

The large door after that is the water inlet and sewage outlet compartment.

Next is the inverter/converter/charger compartment. The shore power cord, and the jacks for telephone, cable or satellite TV are also in this compartment.

Behind that is the house battery compartment.

The final door is access to the side of the motor.

Again, this is what is on my coach, but I hope it helps you.