Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
Tundrasport

Default Vista Cruiser Mini Impression

We purchased a new Vista Cruiser Mini last August, we love the design of the unit.....however

At delivery:
The interior generator switch did not work, on backorder at that time.
The pin to keep the shower curtain closed was nowhere near the proper position.
Since then:
Air conditioner out
Generator out
Water heater shooting flames out the side of the unit
Cabinet hardware inadequate and missing parts
black and gray tanks wired backwards
microwave out, replaced
2nd microwave door would not open after warming food, had to pry open
Severe roof leak, water entering through overhead light fixture
water leaking into storage compartment
console cover not screwed in
fresh water sensor not reading corectly
Turbo resonator failure
water leaking into main storage compartment
2nd severe roof leak, water entering through overhead light fixtures and cabinets
2nd time water leaking into storage compartment.
Theres a few more things that I will add later

The best part, Gulfstream customer service asked that now that these items were "repaired" if I had confidence in the unit. WOULD YOU?

PSSorry mod I just got off the phone with them and I am a bit upset, please move me to the proper forum, Class C wall of shame, service ...or all of the above...thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
RJ82much

WOW... wherever your post belongs, it's of little consequence compared to the lemon you received!!!

Are you absolutely certain this unit wasn't rolled over on the turnpike during delivery to the dealership? The broken appliances are bad, but water leaks are catastrophic. That means that you have water inside all the panels, ceiling & walls. Probably the flooring is soaked as well.

I'm thinking you may be wanting to start talking to someone about lemon law & replacement unit. How do you spell "mold" and "mildew"?

It's been talked about before, but HOW can the factory possibly pipe the black & grey tanks backward? That's plain unexcusible.

Because of the leak problems, If it were mine, I would NEVER trust it again.... I'd be looking for a replacement, not repairs.

My 2 pennies

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #3
WE B RVN

Welcome Tundrasport

Sorry about all the problems with your Vista Cruiser. The roof leak is a big one. The leak in the storage compartments should be easy to fix. What has Gulf Stream told you so far on these two issues.

The other issues - Generator, Generator switch, Air conditioner, Water heater, Microwave, Fresh water sensor, and Turbo resonator. These are all products not manufactured by Gulf Stream, just installed by them. So I'm curious to know if the problem is with the units themselves or if it is a problem with the installation

Kevin.
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
RJ82much

Kevin,

That's a very good question: Equipment manufacturer or GS assembly?

I have had 1 equipment manufacturer problem (Dometic Air Conditioner). Dometic took the problem very seriously & acted urgently. They paid my dealership's service dept. to change out the motor. The dealership botched the job totaly, destroyed half the guts & mounted parts crooked. I redid the job myself & am very pleased with Dometic. (Disgusted with LongView RV)

Everytime I have contacted any of the equipment manufacturers for drawings, information, etc, they have responded immediately. It's a long list of very helpful companies..

Most of the problems I've had, is, unfortunately, due to GS's installation of perfectly good equipment.

In defense of GS, when you finally get their attention, then you've got their attention. I have only praise for how GS handled my catastrophic compartment doors problem. My expectations were far exceeded! That's what customer seervice is all about. As a result of their management of that issue, my next RV will be a GS, no question. Prior to that, let's say the prospects for repeat purchase were dismal.

As I said, when you manage to get their attention, then you've got their attention! TundraSport, I feel that you do want to work to get their attention over the mold & mildew potential from the leaks. It can be a serious health issue.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
Tundrasport

Well the problems have been continuing:

We were able to go for a night in February. My wife, my 92 year old mother-in law, one orange winged amazon parrot a beagle and me. The weather was very cold and nasty. We were getting ready to stay in for the evening and turned on the furnace.
NO HEAT
Checked the breakers, pulled and checked all the fuses, everything OK.
We were just about to pack it up and head home. I thought something was strange with the tstat. I thought the control switch had been on the top and now it was on the bottom. When they removed it to change out the microwave for the second time they installoed it upside down so it was wired backwards. I pulled it turned it over and reversed the wires and gave it a try. Heat came on and it put a stop to the crying (real tears from my wife)

Went to the dump station the next morning and noticed that the flange around the gray pipe to the compartment is loose and hanging.

Foam seal placed around main compartment in second attempt by dealer to stop leak is coming loose.

My wife and I tried to get away this past weekend for our 10th anniversary. We were planning on going to Koresham State Park on the west coast of Florida, maybe 150 miles from home. After about 25 miles we dropped into limp home mode AGAIN. Pulled over shut it down for a bit and started it up again. A couple of miles and check engine light came on and back into limp home mode. At least we weren't too far from home but it still took awhile to get there. Lots of tears this time

I called GS today to make sure they knew about theses "events". They said they would email and address for a dealer "that does good work".

SINCE PURCHASSED NEW IN AUGUST WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TAKE OUR UNIT OUT ONCE WITHOUT A MAJOR FAILURE

I feel that I have been very patient but I think it is time to get an attorney involved.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Caspers Mom

Default Gulf Stream Crescendo

We bought a 2008 GS Crescendo in July and have ongoing problems every time it rains. Water in the large compartment, all windows leak, bedroom slide causes water to collect on the carpet and lower closet. We have had a service man here and after 2 weeks, we are still waiting for the GS Service Manager to authorize the warranty issues. We are expecting rain in 2 days and I have placed calls regarding this and no reply. EVERY time it rains, we have soaked carpets and leaky windows. I think they should take this seriously since this can cause mold and mildew. Also we have developed a leak in the wall every time we use the shower. Big puddle of water and running toward the bedroom carpet.
We have 17 other issues that need repair but the water is the big one. How do I get them to reply and authorize the repair. The service man is waiting to do his job.
I feel this is totally unacceptable for this company to completely ignore this problem.