Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-06-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Luckiest Dreamer

Default Door Remote

The remote for the door on my 2008 40A Tourmaster no longer works. The first owner replaced the batteries in the remote and replaced the coaches batteries so I suspect it needs reprogramed. Gulfstream does not respond with info about where to find the under dash box nor who made it. There is no readable identity on the remote. Can anyone help as to where i can locate the underdash box Can anyone help with the reprograming process
Old 10-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
Arthur Hayes

Hi Dreamer,
The Remote Key less Entry system in my unit is made by Audiovox Electronics Corp, Happauge, NY 11788. It is the Pursuit Series, Model PRO 9246CH. From what I read, changing the batteries should not have lost the program. When you push a button on your remote, does the red light blink? If not, you may need a new battery for the remote. It is a type GP 27A 12 volt battery. I have no idea where they installed the receiver, but you would need to access it to reprogram the transmitter if necessary.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Arthur Hayes

just a note, when replacing the battery in the remote, remove the Phillips head screw and carefully remove the cover being careful not to damage anything inside. Note the location of the + and - side of the battery.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
Luckiest Dreamer

Thanks, the red light works.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
nomad

Do you have any pics of that remote

when we bought our 2011 Caribbean it came with two remotes that did nothing.
The dealer was clueless .
I will post pics when I can of them.
Where is the box under the dash.
Gulfstream acts like it isn't there anymore when I email them

The customer service is gone..... the economy I guess at work .
8000 watt Onan Generator
nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
RayChez1

I contacted the parts department at: [email protected]
She called me back right away and helped me with a part I needed. The only thing was that I had to go through a dealer to get the part. So being that I live in California I ordered the part through J&L RV in Fontana, California. They said they do a lot of the Gulf Stream business.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #7
Luckiest Dreamer

It's been a while since I addressed this problem because every time I look at this MH I have to deal with a different problem. I was unable to discover anything of a box under the dash. The Freightliner mechanic's have been in there as well for nonrelated problems and did not see any box either. I have come to a conclusion that there never was anything more than a pair of worthless remotes.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
nomad

Do you have any wires leading into the door ?

Do you have a wired door alarm on the door ?

I have the wired door alarm on the door and I think I have wires leading into the door, not sure will check and follow uo on this post.
8000 watt Onan Generator
Old 12-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
Luckiest Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad
Do you have any wires leading into the door ?

Do you have a wired door alarm on the door ?

I have the wired door alarm on the door and I think I have wires leading into the door, not sure will check and follow uo on this post.
There is a actuator for the lock that has power going to it. I can activate the lock by unpluging and using a wire accross it to make the lock work. I am not aware of an alarm. What I do not seem to have is a reciever for the remotes.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
nomad

I have read - (do not remember where ) - that some people have located the box by looking for it at night under the front dash at night. They look for a red led light that is supposed to be on the box.

I can not verify this info as I have not had a chance to do it and have just read about it.
8000 watt Onan Generator
Old 12-17-2010, 08:43 PM   #11
rescue7

My remote on my 07 Tourmaster is located under the dash on driver side to to the right of steering wheel. Very high up and hard to see. I can here it click when all is quiet when you push the remote lock button.

Don
Old 07-02-2011, 04:10 AM   #12
Gloria01

Default Re: Door Remote

The door locks are available in different sizes and shapes. The location is what determines the type of adjustment. There are two three lever lever locks. For exterior doors of the type used is stronger than that used for interior doors. Internal use of two levers and the external use of three or more leverage. When damaged or broken due to the use or misuse of its importance to check the type used. The location and availability to determine whether to repair or replace locks.

Aurora locksmith
Gloria01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
Luckiest Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria01
The door locks are available in different sizes and shapes. The location is what determines the type of adjustment. There are two three lever lever locks. For exterior doors of the type used is stronger than that used for interior doors. Internal use of two levers and the external use of three or more leverage. When damaged or broken due to the use or misuse of its importance to check the type used. The location and availability to determine whether to repair or replace locks.

Aurora locksmith
The problem is not the door lock but the remote will not activate the lock. The lock works as it should with a key.
Thanks for your response.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #14
nomad

We have two fobs both like this

I think they go to a door lock that is not wired in but present any idea where ?
8000 watt Onan Generator
Old 07-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
nemo45

Send a message via Yahoo to nemo45

Has anyone found the control box yet for the audiovox pursuit door locks. That is what we have in ours and it works fine with one of our remotes. We have another remote that I would like to program, but you have to locate the control box because neither the light nor button was intalled in the dash. If I find the control box I can drill holes in the dash to mount them. I have another complete control box that came with the motorhome, only one is used because there is only one door, so I know what it looks like.
nemo45 is offline   Reply With Quote