Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
DNB

Default New Member Says "Hello"

Hello Everyone
Purchased our 1st RV of anykind about 1 year ago.1995 Scenic Cruiser 34'DP in mint condition with only 37,000 miles.Cant tell you how white the knuckles were the first time I drove it.We have made a couple trips to Fla.and the Smokies (but not over the mountains yet).We bought our MH from a dealer who did not have any literature and Gulfstream sent what they had which was not too much so we ask a lot of questions. I am very pleased to learn about this forum and look forward to visiting with you folks. If anyone has had a 1995 SC I hope you can tell me it was a good year.Thanks in advance for your patience.

(BTW, When the big semi's go blowing by on both sides,the knuckles still get white )
Roadmaster Falcon2 All Terrain Tow Bar
Even Brake
DNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:01 AM   #2
RV Wizard

Dave, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the Scenic Cruiser. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as you will the website. I have not heard that 95 was a bad year so I hope it was a good year for you. Our 2000 has been great. We are almost at year 5 of living in it full time now.
If you have any questions, just as. I am sure someone either has the answer or knows where to get it. Good luck and take care.
iRV2.com -Gulf Stream Owners Forum Leader
2000 Scenic Cruiser
99 Chevy Silverado 4 X 4 Toad
2006 Saturn Vue AWD Toad
NASCAR #3 & #8
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Dave, Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!

Look forward to reading you input here on the forum.

I believe all years are good years for the Gulf Stream products.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
earljan34

Welcome Dave,From little RI Hope to here more of your adventures!
You will find a great bunch of people here and a lot of good answers to questions.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #5
WE B RVN

Hello Dave
We have a 1997 Scenic Cruiser and we love it. It is a rare mid-entry model that took us two years to find. We did not want the front door because my wife piles the front up with knitting, crochet, maps, books, snacks, computer, and the dog bed with his toys. It would take us ten miniutes to get out of the door. We have little literature with our unit as Gulf Stream did not provide much of it. I think you have an excellent unit that will give you lots of enjoyment. Not sure what engine you have but ours is the 300hp turbo. I am very pleased with it as it gets 10mpg in the mountains and 12mpg on flat, both with a toad. As for the white knuckles, just relax. Stick a note on your dash with (RELAX) wrote on it. My wife also drives our motor home and does a fine job at it. One thing to watch for on your unit is the wipers. If they start to give you trouble don't wait to repair them. It's not easy or quick to fix. The dash must be partially removed to access the wiper motors. Don't worry about it , just keep that in mind.
Good luck and have fun.
WE B RVN
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #6
earljan34

Welcome WE B RVN. Hope to read more of your posts and adventures.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:08 AM   #7
TSoul

Send a message via Yahoo to TSoul

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the RV. I look foward to hearing from you. Enjoy the forum and your camper. Happy Camping.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #8
Jill

Hi and welcome to the forum! There are a lot of very smart people here who are also very helpful. We'll have our first Gulfstream in a couple of weeks and the more time I spend reading about them here, the better I feel about our purchase!

Happy camping!

www.northwestjewelry.com
[email protected]
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:52 PM   #9
coolchas11

DNB, welcome! We just returned from a trip thru VA, TN, NC, GA, SC. We took the mountain route--I-40 into the Asheville, NC area and thru to Hiamassee, GA. The mountains are absolutely beautiful, but the roads are somewhat white knuckle experiences. After a few days we headed to southern GA and stayed in GA state parks and COE parks. Fantastic! Enjoy your trips. Charlie
Old 02-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #10
pkusmc

Hi everyone,
I am new to your forum. My hubby and I just purchased a 2007 GS
Tourmaster 42' 2" with a Mercedes engine. What a beautiful coach!!!! Heck, the side-by-side refrigerator is larger than the one I have at home!

Unfortunately, we have many problems with the coach and feel that the only way we can get them taken care of is by heading to Indiana. So much for quality control at the factory and the dealership.

Looking forward to learning from this forum and meeting new friends!

Pat

Pat
pkusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #11
Jill

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you're having so many problems--if you feel like it, I'd like to hear some of them.

We have a 2007 Sun Voyager. It's our second motorhome and we love it, but there are some problems, some of which I haven't talked about on this forum.

One of the biggest is the bottom of the rear of the coach scrapes the ground. It's unbelieveable--this happened after our first two trips, but we didn't realize it until we opened the hatches in the rear and saw they were damaged. The factory and the dealership don't seem to be quite sure what they're going to do about it. My husband's business has a welding section and he has an idea that he has talked to the dealership about, but it seems that the urgency is on our part, not theirs, go figure.

I will be interested in hearing what problems you're having.

Otherwise, we really love the coach-just spent three weeks in it (our longest vacation ever) and I wasn't ready to come home!

Hopefully once the bugs are worked out of your coach, you'll love it too.

www.northwestjewelry.com
[email protected]
Old 02-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #12
pkusmc

Hi Jill,
We had problems from the time they delivered it to us. They swore up and down they would take care of everything even though we were leaving the area as we had reservations in Texas. The basement door latches were installed out to far and every time the doors were opened and closed they hit the latches hit the doors and almost all of them have dings on the outside panels. 2 of the basement doors won't open all the way as it seems they are hitting the slide out. We bought this MH in FL. We had wind noise all the way from FL to TX and the GPS system did not work ( we had to send it back to Lorance and waited 3 wks for new one). When we arrived in TX, we hooked up the cable and it didn't work. Thinking it was the cable at the site (couldn't be the MH as it was new...) we ran a cable from the cable box through the window and we got cable. So, there we were...a new luxury MH with a cable cord running out our driver's window! We got the dealer to contact someone in our area to come a fix it and they did..somewhat. The wiring was wrong in the basement. We then had a water leak in the bedroom vanity sink with water damage to the wood, shower head leak, kitchen faucet needs replacing, moisture in the rear lights, steering wheel is not straight and needs to be looked at by frightliner, you have to hold the directional when you want to turn/signal...... When we left TX not only did we have the wind noise at the entry door,but air is coming in through the slide! They replaced a cracked tile in the floor but did not grout it! Well, there are more things but you get the picture. Oh well ..

Hopefully, Indiana won't give us the runaround.

Pat
Old 02-23-2007, 11:38 PM   #13
djqualls

Where are they sending you in Indianana?

If its Master Tech, They seem to "get it done"......
Old 02-24-2007, 01:14 AM   #14
pkusmc

Gee, I didn't know about Master Tech....Where are they? We have an appointment at the GS factory next month. We were given the option of bringing the MH in sooner but it would have to be taken to another authorized service center that handles their overflow. We are told it is about 10 miles or so from the main factory. Would that be Master Tech? Are we better off going there or to the factory?

Pat

Pat
Old 02-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #15
Jill

Oh wow, I'm so sorry! What an awful first trip. I hope your trip to the factory works everything out--please let us know. I don't know anything about Master Tech either, but it also sounds like a good solution.

So disappointing when you have a brand-new coach and nothing seems right with it.

www.northwestjewelry.com
[email protected]
Old 02-24-2007, 10:04 PM   #16
djqualls

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkusmc
We are told it is about 10 miles or so from the main factory. Would that be Master Tech? Are we better off going there or to the factory?

Pat
I'm quite sure that's Master Tech. Tim and his crew do know what they are doing and have an obvious great rapport with Gulfstream.
Old 02-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #17
Beaufort NC

Hi, DMB, and welcome to the Board from Coastal NC! Best of luck!
Workhorse chassis
Cummins 330 ISC
Toad: 2015 Jeep GC Summit
Beaufort NC is offline   Reply With Quote