Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
Towboy

Default 6 Way splitter

any ideas where the 6 Way splitter would be located on a 2005 Gulfstream scenic Cruiser
Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: 6 Way splitter

Not sure what splitter you are talking about. I have a Magnadyne television selector right on top of my DVR. Upper front right hand corner, where the DVR is located. And it does have six selections, but I am not sure if that is what you are asking about.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #3
Towboy

The splitter I am talking about is where all the antenna / cable coaxial cables tie in together. I have 6 coaxial connections in different locations in the coach where you could connect a tv cable to but they must be connected together somewhere. The schematic that gulfstream sent me shows a 6 way splitter but they don't know where it is. Thanks John
Old 03-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
Chuck v

Towboy,

On my 2007 Tour Master the splitter is behind the plastic rear wall of the entertainment center cabinet (where all the cables are run in the space behind the cabinets and the TV...and above the windshield.) You can take the panel out by removing the large head white Phillips screws around the perimeter, but be careful as there is a real "nest" of wires back there...

I had mine out when I replaced and rewired my front TV with a more HD capable Samsung model. Useful information will be found here:
http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2673 and here: http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2471

Good luck and ask more questions if you need to of course.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
Towboy

Thanks Chuck I will check in the entertainment center rear wall Also I have the avs200 smart source that was installed by Gulfstream It has 4 a/v cables connected to the rear of the unit marked tv1 ,2, 3 &4 But I only have 1 tv in the bedroom which is connected to tv4

Where are the other 3 a/v wires run? (if you know0 only other tv I have is the cinema that has the large motorizd screen mounted on the overhead cabinets above the windshield BUT that tv does not connect to the avs200 so I want to add a tv above the drivers seat and one down in the basement but cannot locate the other 3 wires from the avs200. Both those locations have a coax connector mounted into a faceplate but the a/v wires are notv at those locations. Called Gulfstream and they don't know where they ran those wires to hook up additional tv"s

Once again Thanks John , Oh when I connect a tv to one of the coax cables the satelite tv is so distorted I cant watch it so I am thinking a bad connection at the splitter. If I run a coax direct from the rear of the sat box to that tv it is clear as gin. So thinking bad connection . Naturally would like to connect to the a/v cables to utilize the avs 200 switcher
Old 03-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #6
Chuck v

Towboy,

There is a run of video to the cabinets over the jackknife couch/loveseat (opposite the main sleeper couch) inside my TM coach, where a swing down monitor was located originally, and another setup in the street side bay that had a tv screen to view when outside under the awning. Each of those locations have RCA jacks for video (yellow) plus left and right audio (white and red) in addition to the coax for the TV tuners. Perhaps your coach was set up the same way, or at least had provision for adding those two screens in the future...

As to the shore cable connection not being a strong signal over the splitter coax -- make sure the antenna preamp is off, as that switches the coax from the rooftop antenna to the park TV connection in the power cord bay. In my coach, the satellite connection is dwonstream of all that and is switched in baseband video (the Y/W/R colored RCA style plugs) on the AVS 200. YOu have to use the Video in source selector on the TV Input menu, and not the antenna coax in that scenario...

Chuck

Old 03-29-2014, 06:03 AM   #7
Towboy

appreicate the help Chuck!

John
Old 03-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #8
Towboy

Chuck ,Still waiting for a call back from Gulfstream. The outside entertainment compartment only has 12 volts and a regular stero plug in antenna connection No a/v cables down there. My entertainment center is midship with no access panel behind it at all so I am kinda lost here on where to check Hope Gulstream after searching their archives will get back to me as the a/v cables have to be somewhere.

Thanks, John
Old 03-31-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
Chuck v

Towboy,

Sorry I do not have anything more specific -- all my direct experience is with the TM 40C model. Hopefully, GS will get back to you with something useful...and maybe another member here that owns your same coach model will chime in.

Chuck

Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #10
Towboy

Found 1 run of a/v wires . Its locaed above the pass seat in the overhead compartment but there is NO 110 volt wires so how can you mount a t/v there. Real stupid place to put it as above the drivers seat ovhd compartment is where the 120 volt outlets are plus the coax cable connection so I have to get an a/v extension and run the cable through the ovhd compartments to get it to the other side. Maybe they ran another to the refridge/freezer wnere you also cant mount a t/v.

Poor planning I guess.

Thanks again Chuck for the help still looking for the other 2 cable runs

John
Old 04-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #11
RayChez1

My Scenic Cruiser has a 110 outlet and the connections for a television on the first front compartment passenger side. Mine come with a tv in that compartment, but I removed it because we needed the compartment for other things.

Mine also has a place to connect cable tv and a telephone line in the invertor compartment where I also have the big anaconda electrical 50 amp chord.

But all these cables run up to a Megnadyne box and that is where you select which TV you want to watch by just pressing a button. So that is what acts as the splitter on my coach. I never had splitters like the one's used at home.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #12
Towboy

Thanks Ray I have the cinema projector for the front tv, also has a place for a small tv above driver seat 110,cable,phone but the av cable was run to the opposite side. looking in the basement yesterday and found another run of av cable but its hanging behind the fresh water tank 20 feet away from the outside entertainment compartment way too short to run it there I guess I will need and av extension like I did for the front tv. I have the avs200hd smart source that all the a/v cables go to the select which tv you want but must also have a coax splitter somewhere where all the different coax connectors tie in. Still have 1 more run of av cable to find.

Thanks, Again John

Also have the same hookups in the inverter compartment.