Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
TheHansens

Default Splitters

We are installing a dish and can't find both splitters. Does anyone know where they are?
Old 03-07-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
mfa

I think there is one in the batwing antenna booster box. (The box with the little red button you push to amplify the signal coming in from the batwing antenna.)
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #3
TheHansens

Default Splitters

Found that one under a cabinet now looking for the other. We have an 08 Gladiator, which I should have mentioned in the beginning.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
bowtiebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa
I think there is one in the batwing antenna booster box. (The box with the little red button you push to amplify the signal coming in from the batwing antenna.)
Can you tell me where the booster box is located? I have a Conquest Super C, with the Overhead Entertaiment Center. Removed my tube TV to replace with LCD, cable appears to go overhead. I have never used the TV connection in the bedroom yet, so I do not know if it even works. Removed the plate, it is hooked up. Would like to find the splitter, and this booster.
Thanks,
Bill
bowtiebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
RJ82much

Bowtie Bill,

I have a Sun Voyager class A & have yet to find the darn splitter. I thought for sure it would be part of, or behind the amplifier ("red light") - nope.

Recently, I've been eyeing a panel in the bathroom that just seems to have no purpose what so ever. This panel is opposite (behind) the entertainment center, but lower than. I am afraid that I'll scratch the wood in the process of popping out the dowels that likely hide the screws that should remove the panel.

To my knowledge, there shouldn't be water, drains, vents or anything in this spot. Yet the fine Amish craftsmen chose to build & locate a $50 hardwood frame 2ft off the floor for some reason.

If I get the nerve up, I intend to poke around a bit. I've also been stumped for a while over the splitter location.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
mfa

In my Super C, the booster box is right above the kitchen sink on the underside of the cabinet.

There is some kind of splitter in my booster since it has one cable in and two cables out.

I also found a splitter behind a panel under my kitchen sink. I think that split is to run a cable to the outside entertainment system.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #7
bowtiebill

Dude, that was it! I found it on the underside of the cabinet above the kitchen sink!
Thank you so much for the info, it was driving me crazy. I always had poor reception off the antenna, it will be interesting to see how well the booster works.
I would never of found it. What an odd place to put it. And they never showed me on my walk-through.
Thanks again, mfa,
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa
In my Super C, the booster box is right above the kitchen sink on the underside of the cabinet.

There is some kind of splitter in my booster since it has one cable in and two cables out.

I also found a splitter behind a panel under my kitchen sink. I think that split is to run a cable to the outside entertainment system.
bowtiebill is offline   Reply With Quote