Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-07-2007, 12:19 AM   #1
brocansky

Default Looking to buy 1999 Sunsport

Hello,
Let me tell you about me and my fam...I'm married, we have 2 young boys and we live in Northern CA. We are looking to purchase our first motorhome. I am new to this site, but I have been a part of other RV forums.

We have been looking to purchase a Class A, Gasser, w/slide. We dont want to go older than 10 years, and are looking to spend around $35K. This limits our options, but I did find a 99 Sunsport, 35', v10, w/slide, 11K miles - asking $36K. I am going to take a look at it tomorrow... I started searching the Web for info on this model, and found a lot of "bad press" about Gulf Stream (that's how I found this site). I know every RV Brand gets praise as well as its bashings, and it is all very subjective.

The reasons for my post are:
1. Is there anything specific I should look for on this model...has anyone owned one that could give input?
2. Should I be worried about purchasing a Gulf Stream?

Thanks!
Stan
brocansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:46 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Stan,
Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum !!

Glad to have you here and asking your questions. I am sure you will get some replies shortly, unless many are out enjoying their Gulf Stream RV's.

"Is there anything specific I should look for on this model...has anyone owned one that could give input?"

I really don't know much about the Sunsport models, but it is probably built with same quality as the rest of the GS coaches. Being that it is a 1999, it will probably have some issues as any used coach will in any brand.

"Should I be worried about purchasing a Gulf Stream?"

Let me put it this way, as you pointed out ALL RV manufacturers get some bad press. We are on our second GS coach at the present and when we decide to buy another, if GS offers the floorplan and a model that we like/want, we will purchase a third GS product and I would not hesitate or worry one bit about doing it. We have looked at most of the other brands and find that GS has better quality in the cabinets and fit/finish than most. Also, a good dealer can/will make a world of difference no matter what brand of manufacturer.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 AM   #3
coolchas11

Hi, Stan. I agree with Ron on the GS product line. We are on our third GS motorhome and are completely satisfied. We have looked at others and found GS to be superior in many aspects. We have a good dealer here in CT and have never experienced any problems with the corporate staff. Yes, there are posts on leaks and poor service responses, but, fortunately, neither applies to us. I cannot say anything about the Sunsport. Hope this helps. Charlie
Old 06-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #4
brocansky

We bought it!!!

We are excited to start our RV adventures!

Thanks for the words of encourage. Now that we have an RV, I'm sure I'll be posting more questions.

Thanks again.

Stan
brocansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:00 PM   #5
earljan34

Glad to have you in the GS family hope you have a lot of enjoyment from your purchase. Good Luck And Welcome

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote