Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-06-2006, 04:49 PM   #1
pete beale

Default BT CRUISER(B CLASS) BUILD QUALITY.

I have just taken out my new BT for the 1st time.I have to say it looks great ,drives great .BUT. The interior finish is just not good enough!! the design ect is top notch but god Knows who they employ in the factory,they are obviously NOT rv owners or are hell bent in putting gulfstream out of bussiness.The list of faults is endless and not what I thought I would get for my $95000. + No warranty because it was shipped to the UK. Still its only money!!! It will get fixed and I will enjoy it eventually.I just think the factory floor workers must be dispondant or do not give a toss. .
Old 07-22-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
pete beale

Default BT cruiser build quality.

Funny I did not get one response to my last post 1 year ago ?DID I ASK SOMETHING THAT HIT A NERVE!!! I would love to visit the factory and have a look for myself.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
SueMac

Unfortunately I agree with you about the lack of quality inside. Our Super Nova has so many stupid problems, it isn't worth going in to a huge list here. It is a nice coach, looks great, drives great and is easy to handle and manuever. Too bad they don't take a bit more time inside. At least ours is under warranty keeping it in the US

Good luck.

SueMac
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
pete beale

Default BT cruiser build quality.

Thanks for your reply,Only today my wife and I were looking at the RVs in usa and came accross the beutifull looking Super Nova and talking about getting one. Perhaps we would have better luck if we bought one and kept it in the states for a few months for all the faults to be rectified.WHY DONT THE FACTORY GET THEM RIGHT TO START WITH. It brings the problems to the selling dealer.(then you wonder if its them or the factory that give you bad service).It looks great though.Good luck with yours. xx
Old 07-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
SueMac

It seems the accepted policy is for the dealer to finish the last 20% of the coach. I was talking to our salesman about the lack of quality and his response was, "They pay us to fix them". He didn't see it as an issue. It was what kept him getting a pay check.

Until the buying public stops buying the coaches that are so sub standard, the cycle will continue. But in all fairness, some of our issues did not show up during the delivery. We had to use the coach to see what would fail. Most fell back onto poor design and testing. Sounded good on paper, but does not work well.

If you are considering a SN, send me a private email and I'll tell you what to check for. Not all SN have the same issues. Some seem to be floor plan related.
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote