Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
jd625

Default 2007 Yellowstone 8330 used purchase advice

Am excited to have put down a deposit on the above unit. Couldn't have left without leaving a deposit after giving it a once over. I hadn't done my research on the unit because it came up quickly. So, after the fact, can anyone offer advice on what to look for and pay close attention to? It will be my first motorhome/Class A coming up through the classic ranks of trailering.

Any advice would be appreciated. It's the gas Ford V-10 with a Banks modification.

Thanks!!
JD
jd625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
03heritagerider

Default Re: 2007 Yellowstone 8330 used purchase advice

Welcome!

Since you are already experienced as a trailer owner, you know what to look for on the house systems and structure.

Did you take it for a ride yet? If not, do so. Listen to how it sounds: squeaks, rattles, squeals, etc. How does it accelerate, cruise and stop? How does it handle in the turns?

What you probably need is a mechanic to look at the chassis. Hoses, belts, pulleys, ball joints, axles, etc.

Good luck and keep us informed. What you learn can help us all.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #3
RayChez1

Default Re: 2007 Yellowstone 8330 used purchase advice

Welcome to the GS forum. I never had a gasoline GS coach, but I have had other brands. The Ford V-10 is a very good engine and you will get around 8-9 mpg. It is probably built same way my gas coach was on a F-53 chassis.

One thing I did not like about my 36' motorhome was that some have a long over hang on the rear and tend to drag real easy on just about any dip. Best thing you can have to eliminate that is to have rear Firestone air levelers. I would add 90 lbs of air on each side and it lifts the rear end up, plus it gives you more carry capacity, and a more stable ride.
Check your tires for cracks and the DOT date stamped on the side walls. If you have been reading some of these forums you probably know already that after five years tires start to get sun rot and the side walls will show right away with small cracks all over. Sure sign for a blow out to happen.
Check records from previous owner to see if oil changes were made within the recommended mileage. Check the interior for signs of water leaks. Get on top of the roof and check the caulking to see if any cracks are visible on the caulking. Give it a good test drive. Check your slides and levelers to see if they work proper.

Then if you find that the coach is in good condition, take it out and enjoy it. We have really enjoyed ours. I bought mine new in 2003 and it has given us very good service.

But you also have to remember that a coach is just like a house except it is rolling down a highway bouncing around and you will need to adjust things. It is just part of RVing.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote