Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #21
Restorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayChez1 View Post
I bought the Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser brand new in April of 2003 and the AC/heat pumps were already as standard equipment on Gulf Streams flagship coach at the time. I guess you could say the whole thing cost me $225,000.00. Believe me they work great. I use the one in the bedroom to throw the air through ducts and the one in the front, I choose that unit to throw heat straight down. But you can install one or two of these units on your coach for around $1400.00 each. We hardly ever have to use the furnace unless it gets below 20 degrees.

Like I posted before, I bought one of those oil electric radiator heaters for our gasoline motor home we had before, and we did not like it at all. It took too much space and was not a good heater for the RV. But to each his own, if that is what you like? That is just fine with me. I am just showing that there are other options that will improve your coach with good air conditioning and heating units that would last you for years ahead.
So it has the regular furnace and heat pumps as standard equipment?
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #22
Chuck v

The 2006 Friendship G8 brochure shows the heat pumps as options. I tried to post a JPG of the sheet but this site does not support image insertion of that type -- just a URL of a hosted photo site it appears.

Ray, does your coach have a Hydro Hot space heater like the G8? I thought those burned diesel and not propane...

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #23
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
The 2006 Friendship G8 brochure shows the heat pumps as options. I tried to post a JPG of the sheet but this site does not support image insertion of that type -- just a URL of a hosted photo site it appears.

Ray, does your coach have a Hydro Hot space heater like the G8? I thought those burned diesel and not propane...
No Chuck, but as you know how Gulf Stream operated their business. Prior to I believe 2000 the top of the line coaches were Tour Master, then they changed and Scenic Cruiser was top of the line from 2000 to about 2006, then they made the Friend Ship the top of the line, and then they changed again and come back with the Tour Master. And as you know their top of the line coaches they put everything high end coaches would have. The Hydro Hot did not come in until the late 2000 on some units, not all. On our Gulf Stream Club their are three Tour Masters and they have heat pumps, but I do believe some might have had the Hydro Hot.

But my Scenic Cruiser has two Dometic Penguin 11 High Capacity AC/heat pumps, plus it also has the biggest Suburban furnace RV's had at the time. But if you are at a resort, you use the heat pumps and save on using propane, but it will cut automatically when the temperature drops at around 20 degrees.

Everything has a back up system on the Scenic Cruiser. It has been a great coach so far.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #24
Sudsy

Default Wood Stove!

If that whining noise doesn't stop on the passenger side I'm gonna remove that seat and put a wood stove in!

Sudsy
Old 01-10-2019, 06:34 PM   #25
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorium View Post
So it has the regular furnace and heat pumps as standard equipment?
Like I posted, I bought the unit brand new, had three thousand miles on it which was probably the drive from Napanee, Ind. to Las Vegas. In sixteen years that I have had it, the coach has not given any major problems. The engine I did have a fuel pump that failed, but was still under warranty, and later on I had a exhaust manifold gasket that was leaking. Other then that no problems. Not a single issue besides regular maintenance in the last ten years. But the heat pumps/ air conditioners come with my coach as standard to that model. They did not say it had optional. It was sold like that. You got to remember the Scenic Cruiser was their Flagship coach those years.

But getting back to this thread, you can buy a heat pump/ air conditioner and install it on any motor home. Depends on the size for prize, but you can get them from $600.00 to as high as $1600.00. They are safe and very reliable. When you direct the flow through the ducts, they are very quiet.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote