Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
ATVhaulin

Default Help with service

I have a new Endura I purchased in Mar. 2007. I have had so many problems, half of which are fairly serious. I have tried to get in touch with somebody at Gulfstream but to no avail. I have left 5 messages and sent a registered letter and have never been able to talk to anybody personally.
My motorhome has been at the dealership for 200 of the 270 days I have owned it. It is there now and has been there for 3 months. I have been very patient and polite about it until now. Would anybody have any higher level contacts for me? My warranty expires in 2 months and I feel left out in the cold! Thanks, Ed
Old 01-07-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
coolchas11

Whatever is happening to you is unacceptable. We've never had to get GS involved, but Brian Shea is the President. Start at the top since the warranty clock is ticking. Charlie
Old 01-08-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
ATVhaulin

Thanks for the reply, coolchas. After I posted I noticed there isn't much traffic on here. I kind of wondered if I would get any reply. I shall enter Brians name to my list of contacts and go from there. Thanks, Ed
Old 01-08-2008, 04:55 PM   #4
TheHansens

Default Warranty Service

We purchased our Gladiator/Endura just a month ago and would be interested in knowing the kind of problems you have experienced. We are taking our shake down cruise this weekend and will report back. Our dealer has been great so far-just a few minor issues. Even if our salesperson is off there is always someone willing to help.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
rdlamb

Ed:
We purchased a 2005 Endura, and had it less than a year. It leaked everywhere, every window, every seal. GS never returned my calls.
The dealer also had my coach for months, trying to fix all the problems.
When the ceiling, floors, and walls became moldy, we traded the Endura for a Tour Master.
Shame on GS.
Pictures enclosed.
Sorry, but I cannot recommend the Endura.

Safe Travels,
Rick

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 AM   #6
Texas TC

I really don't get it. I have contacted GS several times and always got an answer quickly. I have found that email works really well but have also got call backs from Customer Service every time I called. They, along with my dealer, have been great about repairing every issue I have had. One of the reasons I bought my SuperNova is the dealer (Mc Clain's RV in Denton Texas) is less than 2 miles from my house. I now know everyone at the dealership and they all know me by name when I visit. It has been a great experience.

I hope you get the service you deserve, but, for me, it has been great.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:11 AM   #7
rdlamb

I also had service at McClains, though mine was at the one in Ft Worth, connected with Camping World.
I worked with Bob, I think the service manager.
Overall the experience was excellent. They even had a full hookup RV site to stay in while service was provided.
I can recommend McClains. Just not the Endura.
Safe Travels
Rick

Old 01-10-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
ATVhaulin

I have 4 Customer Service rep names and tried each of them at least once. 1 of them (Molly) answered the phone and I talked to her for about 10 minutes, but not a one of them ever called me back. I never tried to email.
I don't think I ought to bore you with all my problems, Jacks have failed 4 seperate times, with 4 different problems. My fiberglass has cracked in the same spot twice, and about 50 more items. My dealership is trying to help, they fix everything, but I think they are getting tired of it. I have an email address of a person at Gulfstream I will try to get a hold of Monday. Thanks, Ed
Old 01-11-2008, 07:43 PM   #9
coolchas11

Ed, I am still troubled that GS isn't working closely with you. Any luck with Shea? Another name that I've seen in posts is Claude Donati ([email protected]). Please keep us up to date as we all follow with interest the service delivered by GS and the dealer network. Charlie
Old 01-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #10
ATVhaulin

Talked to Scott Pullin today. Seems like a helpful person there. He received my e-mail and is working on my problem. Maybe some good will come out of this! I will let you know more when it happens. Ed
Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 PM   #11
Texas TC

Scott is a great find. Every time I have asked him for assistance, he has been great about getting the problem to the proper department and subsequent resolution. He is also good about keeping you informed on the progress of the situation. I think he is a dedicated GS VP trying his best to do what is right for us, the GS owners family. I only communicate with him through email because I know he must be a very busy individual. Email allows him to work on the problem at his schedule and not be encumbered by lengthy phone calls. I only hope he stays with GS and does not get overloaded with our problems to the extent he cannot give great service. I do not contact him with routine issues, only when there seems to be a communication issue between GS and my dealer.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #12
rjf7g

I have had great success working with my wonderful dealer to resolve any issues I have had. I recommend Grandview Trailer Sales every chance I get! http://www.grandviewtrailersales.com
Old 01-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #13
SueMac

I wrote to everyone I could with registered letters etc. and the only one to help was Scott Pullin. Everyone else ignored my pleas for help.

Scott tried but there was no hope for the Super Nova we had and we traded it in. We used it one weekend out of 7 months due to all the problems. After awhile it is time to cut the losses and move on. Too bad for there are good Super Novas out there, we just didn't find one.
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 07:07 AM   #14
coolchas11

A sad conclusion to your situation. I'll never understand any company not responding to a customer's initiatives. When we owned our company it was our practice and that of all employees to always conclude an issue with a customer. Charlie
Old 01-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
RJ82much

I have to agree with Charlie... A customer understands the word "No". Just like a child or puppy, he may not like it, but understands. Of course, "Let me rethink that", or "Here's what we can do, though...." is even better.

A dial tone, a busy signal, voice message box, or the blatant stall, "He's in a meeting" is totally unacceptable. To me, that says the company is hoping you'll die, or at least go away... making their life easier.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #16
SueMac

I do have to give Scott a lot of credit. He did try his best to help us, but....getting help before him was just not going to happen.

Some owners have good luck with their customer service rep, but we did not.

It is too bad it didn't work out, but it didn't for us. Sometimes it is just better to cut your losses and move on.
SueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:03 AM   #17
ATVhaulin

I am still waiting on another reply from Scott. I did get the motorhome back, with everything repaired, but I don't think leaving it at the repair facility for 75 percent of its life is fair. Most of my career has been in a service field and this treatment would have been completely unacceptable. Ed
Old 01-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #18
lockdoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATVhaulin
I am still waiting on another reply from Scott. I did get the motorhome back, with everything repaired, but I don't think leaving it at the repair facility for 75 percent of its life is fair. Most of my career has been in a service field and this treatment would have been completely unacceptable. Ed
I agree with you that the dealership took way too long in getting things right with you! Hopefully they got it right at last and you can start to enjoy your investment!! At least you haven't had to worry about storage issues for the past few months.

I wish you many happy trails to come this year.
Powrachute Powered Parachute Rotax 912 100 HP
lockdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #19
ATVhaulin

Just got the motorhome back from the repairshop. I went out and inspected it last tuesday. Noticed some wood trim molding had fallen off. Also noticed that the fiberglass siding had cracked again in the same place that had been repaired twice before! Great, 2 days after my warranty has expired!
I didn't get anywhere with Mr. Pullin. He acted nice enough but didn't seem too concerned with all my problems and wouldn't offer me any help. I guess I will go to step 2 of my 3 step plan, which is to try consumer agencies such as BBB, Advocacy groups and the State Attorney General. Lets hope I don't have to reach step 3. Ed
Old 04-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #20
rdlamb

Ed:
I had a similar thing happen, a previously repaired under warranty item lasted less than 30 days, but the coaches warranty expired during the 30 days.
GS fixed my awning, stating that each repair is warranted for 30 days.
Write a letter, get on the phone, send e-mail.
GS should take care of you.
Safe travels
Rick