Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
David Bott

Default Attaching a Trick-L-Start to a 08 Tourmaster T-40B

Hi...

Someone asked me this via PM, so I thought I would post it here in case others were interested.

This is in regards to attaching a Trik-L-Start that is made and sold by LSL Products. The unit will keep your chassis batteries (engine batteries) charged up when plugged into shore power or running the gen.... http://www.lslproducts.com (Whenever you 12v converter/charger in running.)

Let's see if you can follow this. It is not hard as I did all the leg work before to find the leads on this coach.

This again is a 08 Tourmaster 40-B but could apply to the TM years and models.

The unit comes with 3 wires, so in the attached photo, you will be looking at 3 wires, YELLOW, BLUE, and BLACK coming off the unit (you can only see the bottom of it). You will be connecting them to 2 units, a main relay, and a breaker, at 3 separate points. All the wires in my case, for the charger, have RED ends on them, so they are easy to see where they attach. (You crimp on the end types/size you need that are included.)

With that said...In the last bay on the passenger side of the Tourmaster, you will find the electrical distribution area for the 12V systems.

LOOKING AT THE ATTACHED IMAGE...

The Trik-L-Start is at the TOP RIGHT of the photo where you can see the YELLOW, BLUE, and BLACK wires coming out. I mounted it to the side wall of the bay. (Disregard the old one you see on the floor. )

1) YELLOW wire from the bottom of the unit will go to the LEFT side of the breaker above the BIG relay on the bottom. (My yellow wire loops up and around as I pushed it out of the way.

2) BLUE wire to the LEFT side TOP of the big reply. (You can follow that one. )

3) BLACK wire to the bottom RIGHT of the relay. (That one kind of loops around the back and to the front.)

Again, look for the RED ends.

That's it. Now when you plug in, your engine batteries will remained also charged up. You can verify this by talking a voltage reading off the 12V engine batteries with and without the coach plugged in.

I used these connection points based on various readings I took with my meter as more or less you are coupling the house 12v batteries to the engine batteries. When the house 12v batteries are charging (Converter/Inverter system) it will also do the same at LOW amp to the engine batteries.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Connection.jpg (226.5 KB, 3434 views)
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote