Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Wildblue

Default Power Module addition for VT 365 engine

I know that several here have added "power modules" to their VT365 engines, which are reported to both add power, and increase mileage. Has anyone tried the "power puck" that's available, or has everyone that's done it only tried the TS Diesel power module?

I'm seeing some variations in the TS Diesel part info listed on retailers' websites, and large price differences. Some list it as only applying to 2003-2007 models. Another lists 2003-2009. And the TS Diesel website lists individual models for each and every model year. (through 200 I'd be interested to hear what people have gone with, and where they bought it from. Here's some I found:

http://www.tsdieselperformance.com/site ... ge/1095737
http://www.alligatorperformance.com/pow ... -3534.html
http://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/ts-pe ... ce/mp8.htm
http://www.parleysdieselperformance.com ... uty-trucks
http://www.ocdiesel.com/TS-Performance- ... 110104.htm

37' 2008 GS Conquest Endura 6362 Class "C+", International Chassis w/diesel VT365
Wildblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Georunner

Default Re: Power Module addition for VT 365 engine

I called TS performance and have the MP8 they sent me. I does provide a noticable difference in power, when turned all the way up. The big advantage to more power is fuel mileage. My mpg went up almost 1 mile per gallon. The chip will pay for itself in less than 8,000 miles, at todays fuel prices.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Brian

I can't find one for 2010 models. the ts rep said they are not out yet. Is there others that are good?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Wildblue

Hmmmm... the mystery continues a bit. Here's the link direct to the TS Performance product page:

http://www.tsperformance.com/Power_Play.html

It only lists 2003-2007. And even the instruction manual only says it applies to 2003-2007:

http://www.tsperformance.com/Download/a ... PVT365.pdf

I'll call TS Performance on Tuesday.

37' 2008 GS Conquest Endura 6362 Class "C+", International Chassis w/diesel VT365
Old 05-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Wildblue

If it helps anyone else, I did call TS Performance today. The operator there transferred me to someone to answer my questions, who actually wasn't sure and had to go ask someone else. But they did (mostly) confirm, that the same MP-8 power module, part number 2110104, "should" work for the 2008 VT365 the same as the 2003-2007, as the engine "likely hadn't changed". He did not say if it applied to later years with the VT365, 2009+. I don't know when the last year was, that the VT365 was used, but I thought it was just 2009.

FWIW, the lowest price I found out there was Alligator Performance, they had it for $440, (VT365 is more expensive than the other models) and free shipping. Then I jumped on an expiring deal they had for an additional 10% off, so I got it for under $400, shipped. Good customer service from Alligator so far.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
schmittm

I put the TSDiesel MP8 in over a year ago. If search the older posts you can find out more about it, but here is some of my comments.
This is the only programmer I could find that was made to work with International, Ford is not the same. Second it will not void your warranty if you take it off before going to dealer. Here is why, it plugs into the fuel pressure/sensor line? And not the ECM. Basically what this controller does is increase the fuel rail pressure to almost 28000 (or something close). By increasing the pressure and the amount of fuel you get more power and a better burn. By not plugging into your ECM you are not making changes to the programming and they can not find any changes when they plug their laptop into your rig. If International sees that you made any changes to the programming they can void your warranty, if if you change setting back to stock, they can still tell because each time the ECM writes a new change it logs it and they start to add up, so International will be able to tell how many times you have made changes to program.
So, knowing that, the safest bet is to go with TSDiesel till your warranty expires, and un-hook the little box before you take it in to International.
As far as results, I have noticed better milage (at least 1 mpg) and more power. I know it is getting more fuel because you can see more black smoke coming out exhaust when you step on gas. It is not going to be a huge noticeable power difference because you are not changing turbo settings or any of the other settings you would with a programmer for Ford, Chevy or Dodge.
I paid $595 for it a year ago.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #7
Gemini John

I've had one on since 1500 miles. It runs better, and cooler even towing 8000 lbs. The guys from TS perf were wonderful to deal with. I vote "Yes" to adding one to yor favorite coach. it is mine HJ
Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #8
Wildblue

Reading through the "instructions" that TS Performance posts on their site, I wasn't clear. Perhaps somebody could post a pic of what it is you have to unplug from the fuel pressure sensor, and then plug into the MP-8 module. If I understand correctly, though, it's true plug-and-play, don't need to splice into a 12V power line to power the module or anything.

http://www.tsperformance.com/Download/a ... PVT365.pdf

For those who already have the MP-8 module, do you also have the accessory for the in-cockpit adjustment switch? When I bought my module from Alligator Performance, there was no option for the in-cockpit switch, like other retailers have, so I'm not sure if it's going to come with it or not. Where did you mount the switch in the cockpit?

And those who already have the MP-8 module, what do you use for the fuel boost setting? I think the choices are 0, 15%, or 30%. Do you just leave it in one setting all the time, or do you change depending on the driving situation?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
steve.k

I put the TS controller last year but I did have a few little problems along the way.My SN is a 08 and your right there is no listing for that year and on .When I installed it the first Two times it did always throw engine light on and did not seem to help that much.I contacted Ts and they sent me new ones each time till it worked.Also the new controllers come with a varible setting switch not the 3 position as they first came.I'm eager to see how it pulls this year.And yes the switch I mounted under the dash.
Steve
steve.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
schmittm

The controller I put in has a small dial. I leave it all the way turned up and I have it tucked under the dash, just hanging there so I can reach it. I think when it is turned up all the way I might be getting a 10%~15% bump. That would be about 30+ HP and 50-60 in torque. I pull about 5 miles an hour faster up hills and my cruise control doesn't surge (speed up and down) so much to maintain a constant speed. You can turn the dial on and off, with the cruise control on, and notice the difference in smoothness and power. Unless you start modifying motor and messing with ECM, which would void warranty, you are not going to get much more power then this. Good luck
Old 05-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
steve.k

Gemini John I see you pull a trailer and race car!I'm planninig on the same thing I have a 28ft Haulmark v-nose and car weighing around 3400.I estimate around the same weight as you,how does your coach handle the load in the hills?
Steve
Old 05-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #12
Gemini John

It ain't no speed demon, but it does just fine. I have steep hills in PA where I go 32 mph up the hard stuff, but most of the time I go as fast as I feel comfortable. Backing up @ 63 ft total is almost more of an issue, but that's just a driver ability issue. I bring it up to speed steady, and keep the speed constant as much as I can. I am now looking forward to longer, and more traveling this summer. I like the idea the TS controller just raises the fuel pressure, mine has the adjustable control, and is easily removable. I bought mine from TS Diesel performance online HTH HJ 1 800 816 6985 last number I list
Old 05-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #13
steve.k

Thanks John I have the same controller so I'm curious to see how it works.I"ve been telling the Mrs. I need a lighter race car she's not falling for that??Oh well I guess as long as we don't back traffic to far we are good!
Old 05-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #14
Wildblue

I'm still a little unclear as to what you unplug in the engine to plug in the power module. And is it really just plug-and-play after that? No splicing needed for a power supply or such?

FWIW, anyone considering these, Alligator Performance is having an even better sale now. $378 with free shipping, and this Memorial Day weekend, they're offering a sale code for another 10% off. would bring it down to like $340 shipped.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 PM   #15
steve.k

WildBlue there is a fuel pressure sensor on the pass. side valve cover that you plug your controller intowith a jumper wire.It is simple and easy and if you have to take it in you just unplug and the way you go.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #16
Texas TC

My 6331 has plenty of power to run 85 mph pulling my Jeep Wrangler. It also takes mountain passes with ease as long as I build up some speed before I drive into the grade. Head winds are not noticeable for my rig. These engines seem to really come alive when mileage is added. Now, if I were pulling a big trailer or driving one of the 40' models, I might have a different opinion. For now, I am comfortable staying away from any engine modifications.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote