Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-14-2011, 07:12 AM   #1
Texas TC

Default Annual Wax Job for the Nova

I set up my annual waxing appointment at Camping World. This is the third year I have gone through this process. Each February, they run a 20% off special on all service which includes their "spa" treatments.

My SuperNova stays outside all year either on the road or next to my house on a pad. I feel that my annual spa treatment has helped to keep it looking like new.

They charge $8.95 per foot before the 10% Presidents Club discount and the 20% February Special to wash and hand wax the coach. My 6331 is considered 33' to them so it costs me a couple hundred bucks for the thorough wash and hand wax. I am always amazed at how good a job they do on the cab-over area. They have scaffolding set up to get to that area which is almost worth the price to wax the entire coach for me. I don't have the right equipment and am way too old to hang off the roof or a ladder to get to the area over the cab.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
LabCab

Default Spa Treatment

Excellent idea. I'm sure it's worth the money. And I don't want to do it.
As soon as some of this 4 Storms worth of Snow goes down, I'm
going to try to follow in your footsteps
Old 03-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Texas TC

Default Re: Annual Wax Job for the Nova

A little followup on this episode. I took the coach in for the annual wax/exterior detail job on February 10. I got it back the next day as promised. Got it late in the day and did not have a chance to look over it very thoroughly. The next day, I looked closely at it and they had done a terrible job. There were buffer marks all over the side of the coach and on the cab overhang. I went back up to Camping World and told them how disappointed I was. This was the third year they had waxed the Nova and this time was absolutely bad. They offered a full refund but I declined. I just wanted it done right. We were on our way out to visit the kids and grand kids in Arizona so I made an appointment to take it in when I returned.

I have to give them a big thumbs up. They re-waxed my coach and got all the buffer marks out. I talked to the shop foreman and he said they used a Meguiars product and it did great. I told them that I wanted them to always use this product. He assured me that they would be using it on all dark colored coaches in the future.

I am just glad there are still companies out there that will stand behind their services. Hooray for Camping World of Denton, Texas!

TxTC

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote