Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-08-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Luckiest Dreamer

Default Water shutoff and tank drains

Two things I am curious about. In the compartment where the water manifold is(the thing that has the water shutoffs for each location in the
coach) there is a red handle that is used to turn each location on/off. There is also a larger white plastic handle that is lying in there that I do not recognize a purpose for. Any ideas? The low point hot and cold drains are also there. They are quite small but seem to be the only place available to drain the water storage tank. I just helped a friend winterize his Excel 5th wheel. It had a pull handle that opened up a drain that was at least 1 1/2" and the tank drained close to instantly. Be nice if Gulf Stream had thought of that! I am hoping I am just missing it!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

In my coach there is a large round white "thing" that is used when you remove the filter, the white "thing" goes up into the filter unit with a twist and that plugs the filter unit so that you can winterize with the filter removed.

Along with the drains you pointed out in the bottom of the water manifold compartment, our coach has a tank drain valve at the end of the tank that goes thru the floor of the compartment.
But it is small also. It takes quite a while to drain the 90 gallon tank if it is full, several hours in fact.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
RayChez1

The little water drains in the manifold area are for the water in the water lines, not the tank. The white plastic cap is when you remove the filter, you replace the cap where the filter screwed on to.
Not sure where the water drain is for the big tank, but if I wanted to get rid of the water in the tank just pump it out. There is a faucet on the outside where you can just pump it into your grass or down the sewer drain. I never have looked for a drain on mine because we use the coach all the time. We live in California so we have good weather all the time and many places to go to. But I am sure there has to be a big drain valve somewhere. Check your manual or call Gulf Stream they will usually give you the info you need.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Luckiest Dreamer

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #5
coolchas11

Next to the fresh water tank in the basement or storage area is a 1/2 inch line for draining. The is a shut off valve attached. Turn the handle to drain the tank water. The line comes out directly from the tank. Will drain the tank in a few minutes.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
Kenkolen

Default Where is that drain valve

Maybe this is my problem, everytime I try to fill my water tank it runs out th bottom of the coach. Now you have to understand I don't have lots of time to use the coach and I have lots of stuff in my basement.
I have on one of my things to do, to buy a valve and put it in the line that drains out. But maybe my problem is an open valve.
Where is the drain valve?
Kenkolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #7
Arthur Hayes

On our Tourmaster, it is located in the rear storage bay on curb side. It is on the bulk head on the left a few feet inside the compartment.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #8
Arthur Hayes

By the way, it is 7 degrees here this morning. Will be heading to Florida next week.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Old 11-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #9
Kenkolen

I guess I have to empty the basement, there must be a valve that I am not seeing.
If anyone has a 2006 Yellowstone DP and knows where the drain valve for the fresh water tank is please chime in.
7 degrees, we have a cold front coming in today. Low's in the 60's hear in Miami.
What part of Florida are you heading toward?
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Kenkolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
Arthur Hayes

We will be in St Augustine near the kids and grandchildren. We once lived in Naples.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Old 08-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #11
Lferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchas11 View Post
Next to the fresh water tank in the basement or storage area is a 1/2 inch line for draining. The is a shut off valve attached. Turn the handle to drain the tank water. The line comes out directly from the tank. Will drain the tank in a few minutes.
Does this apply to an 89 Sun Vista? I’m having a very hard time finding main drain valve. I will search more thoroughly in the basement. Of course owner manual is very vague. Wish someone would come up with a comprehensive manual for the different years. Seems none are the same.
Lferguson is offline   Reply With Quote