Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
Brutus

Default Batteries

I have a 2004 Gulfstream Sun Voyager which runs off gas. My problem is power issues. I have all new batteries with clean, tight connections. When I try to start the generator while having my RV plugged into my house power, it makes a beeping sound and the radio lights blink. While the coach has been sitting plugged in for a time, I get enough power to maybe raise one jack and then everything cuts off. If I have the generator on it cuts off as well and will not start back. Somehow I am not getting power into something and I have no clue as to why?! When I start the coach and run the engine, it does the same thing. Can somebody help me on this? Thanks!!!
Brutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
Burkejonathan

Default Re: Batteries

Brutus,

It sounds as if your transfer switch (the switch box that switches from shore to generator power) is malfunctioning. They sometimes get stuck in one position or just plain fail. I would listen for a loud click after you have plugged in the coach shore power. Make sure your breaker is off before plugging in shore power, then plug the coach into the outlet, then flip the breaker on. You should hear a loud click or pop, if you don't your transfer switch isn't opening to the right position and may be stuck or bad. Either way replace it if you hear nothing when turning on the breaker. You may also have a battery charger from your shore power to your house batteries that is bad or unplugged. That would be your secondary thing to check. Where these boxes are varies widely from coach to coach. In our 07' Tourmaster they are under the bed in back.

I hope this helps

JB
Burkejonathan is offline   Reply With Quote