Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
tarheel

Default Tourmaster Slideouts

I'm getting ready to pull out of my site that I have been at for 3 months in Florida and none of the slideouts will retract. I have both electric and one big hydraulic slide. The big slide will not even click when I push the control and the two bedroom slideouts will click, but nothing happens. Any ideas??
Old 03-08-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
larrybell

Default Re: Tourmaster Slideouts

I don't know all the interlocks associated with your slideouts, but in October, I could not get my slideouts to operate. In my Sun Voyager, the driver's seat must be forward to prevent a collision between the slideout and seat. A limt switch is used to sense seat position, and one of the wires had vibrated off the switch.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 AM   #3
dixieray53

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybell
I don't know all the interlocks associated with your slideouts, but in October, I could not get my slideouts to operate. In my Sun Voyager, the driver's seat must be forward to prevent a collision between the slideout and seat. A limt switch is used to sense seat position, and one of the wires had vibrated off the switch.
Diddo this....Check the wiring...It happen to me in...You guessed it... Florida...In January.
2009 Crescendo Trio C40K w/ 2010 Ford Flex
Towed four down....
dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Chuck v

Make sure the driver's seat is in the correct position and all the way forward. Inspect the switch that is actuated on the seat base by the driver's seat motion whenever it is not fully forward AND also check the the wiring itself -- once when I had turned the seat back into the living area during a stay at a site, the wiring there had pulled loose from a splice, and another time the bracket was bent by tension on the wires from rotating the seat the wrong rotation (both operator error in my case...) I don't believe the rear slides were also effected by the driver's seat switch, but may be interlocked with the parking brake. I have never had them fail to actuate, but they will be slow if the batteries are low on charge.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
tarheel

Thanks guys, you were right. I hate to admit it, but yesterday morning as we were preparing to depart Florida after 3 months, I started to bring in the two bedroom slideouts and nothing happened. I then rushed to the front and checked the driver's seat to see if the big slide would clear it and it barely would, so I pushed the control and nothing happened. I then had 3 slides that wouldn't operate. I spent an hour looking for and testing all of my fuses and finally found a bad 5 amp fuse. After replacing, I then tried the bedroom electric slides and both retracted, but the big hydraulic slide would not. Of course I now had 20 or so people that had stopped by to say goodby and all wanted to help. So, three or four people helped me look for another bad fuse. Finally, I called Gulfstream and was first asked if my seat was forward. I said it was forward enough for the slide to miss, but he said to go a little further. Guess what, that was the problem, I did not have it far enough forward.

At least all of my friends at Torrey Oak RV & Golf Resort, had something to talk about today!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
David Bott

"At least all of my friends at Torrey Oak RV & Golf Resort, had something to talk about today!"

Too funny!

GS had to replace my driver seat and when they did the switch would not fit back in the seat. Know what the service center did? (Not GS Service center mind you, but a GS dealer back then) They left it on the floor and twisted the wires together. As such, I have no safety switch.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote