Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #1
tarheel

Default Slideout Floor Replacement - Tourmaster

I have to have the slideout floor on my 07 Tourmaster replaced. A year or so ago, we noticed that the bedroom floor was getting wet when we had a hard rain. I found that the slideout awning had separated from the side of the coach approximately 4-5 ft. of it from the back. I had it repaired and while in Florida for this winter, I noticed the protective material on the bottom of the slideout was sagging a little and had mostly seperated from the slideout bottom. Upon further inspection I found that the wood was rotten, obviously from water getting inside. The bad part of it is that it is the slide with a king automatic automatic folding bed, which I assume is going to make the repairs more difficult. Has anyone had this problem with a Gulfstream slideout and if so, how was it repaired?

I first thought about installing and sealing a ridgid material such as plastic or aluminum under the slideout and maybe the wood would last a few more years, but the danger in doing that is if it continues to rotten, the slideout could become damaged because the slideout guide rail is attached to the bottom of it.

Any suggestions?