Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
satboyz

Default Bedroom slide out

I have a 2004 Gulfstream friendship Trio in the bedroom there is 2 slides the one on the passanger side went out now can not get it to go in does anyone know where the motor for this slide out is I dont hear the motor running when I try to move it in or out the other slides are working ok anyone can help me can email me at [email protected] thank you
satboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
Arthur Hayes

Default Re: Bedroom slide out

If your slide is cable you may find some panels above the wardrobe. Remove the wood plugs and the screws they conceal to remove the panels. There you will see the cables, and motor. Gulf stream usually has a flex drive tool there for you to use with a electric drill to retract the slide.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
03heritagerider

Before you go tearing out panels, check to see if the little breaker switches are tripped. Mine will sometimes trip and that cuts the motor off. The breakers for mine are in the electrical panel on the outside compartment toward the rear on the passenger side. They are very tiny push buttons.

There are two twist knobs (Red and Green) that should be in the ON position. To the right of those knobs are two terminal with two wire bolted onto each. On the left side of each terminal is a tiny black push botton. If it is out, it is tripped. Push it in and the power should be back on.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
03heritagerider

Here are a copule of photos of the panel.

Let us know if this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0642.JPG (24.6 KB, 2981 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0643.JPG (20.7 KB, 2980 views)
Old 02-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #5
rdlamb

I agree with the fuse issue. You have a fuse panel in your coach. Mine is under my oven and refrigerator. Make sure the problem is not a blown fuse. Otherwise;
1. with the cable system there is a removable panel on my Tourmaster, above the slide. Where the motor and trans meet is a connector where I can place a 1/4" flex extension on my portable electric drill and "drill" the slide in.
2. I also have hydraulic slides. In the lower compartments are the connectors and hydraulic system, where I can use the manual crank bar GS provided.

But, check the fuse first. I had mine go out several times. A new fuse got me going. I do not know what blew the previous fuses other than perhaps heat.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #6
satboyz

Thank you all for the information will check the fuse in the morning and let you kow how I make out
Old 02-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #7
RayChez1

I agree with 03heritagerider about the circuit breaker. I had that circuit breaker trip on me one time and the bedroom slide would not work. Mine is on the passenger side last compartment. But on my coach the circuit breaker looks a little different then 03heritageriders coach. Mine has a red button that pops out and to reset the circuit breaker you pull a little handle down until it clicks. The slide should work after resetting if that is the problem.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
satboyz

Igot the slideout working what it was on my unit only have one block where the wires go to the switch only one side had power replaced it now the slide is working thank you all for the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0643.JPG (52.7 KB, 2806 views)
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #9
3454terryg

Thought i found the problem of the two rear slides not moving or making a sound from the good suggestions. there was a blown fuse in compartment below drive on the 06 tourmaster. replaced it. nothing. and it didnt blow again when i tried so i dont know what that fuze was for and didnt have time to try to figure out schematic on the side. got another tip to jump breakers on the rear right compartment for slides. and if that dont work, i guess there is a magnetic switch under the bed to try that is supposed to close the circuit when king size bed is retracted. if that doesnt work, i will be stumped again. but am getting busy soon planting so might not be answering as often. thanks all for the tips.
tg
3454terryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 03:13 PM   #10
ToddPet

Default Thank you

03heritagerider. After spending a couple hours trying to find where the fuse would be for my friendship G7’s atrium slide out I came across your post. Just one simple click and everything works fine. Thanks for including pictures with your description.
ToddPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:57 PM   #11
Larry8146

I have an 03 Friendship Motor home with 4 slides 2 are electric and 2 are hydraulic
The 2 on the drivers side will not come in I could really use some advice
Larry8146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #12
ToddPet

I know the one slide out, bedroom driver's side, on my RV the driver's seat has to be fully forward as a safety measure. I believe the driver's side kitchen in theory works the same way, but on my RV it doesn't matter for the kitchen.
ToddPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #13
Larry8146

Yes I have a kill switch attached to the drivers seat and if it is too far back it will activate the kill switch. Thanks but I have some other problem
Old 07-06-2020, 04:25 PM   #14
Larry8146

Is this the same on an 03 Friendship 41 Ft motor home with 4 slides 2 Electric and 2 Hydraulic
Old 09-03-2021, 01:02 PM   #15
mhhorowi

We have a 2004 Gulf stream Friendship 8411 with two electric slides in the bedroom. This morning, the one on the passenger side will not move. The motor is running but no movement. Any help in accessing the components to troubleshoot would be great. I do believe the area at the base of the slide out is to crank it manually but I'm reluctant to do that without know what is causing it not to move. I look forward to some information if anyone has accessed this area.
mhhorowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 01:14 PM   #16
Rodney Hoots

Default 2007 Gulf Stream 40' Tourmaster

I have a question on my bedroom slide out on the pass. side, It starts out fine but slows down and I have to put my foot against it to go all the way out. It comes in fine with no help, Does anyone have any suggestions? it's the cable kind on that slide. Thanks,
Rodney Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 01:57 PM   #17
Chuck v

Look at the underside of the slide when you are outside of the coach. The exterior floor of my slide was covered with a weatherproof tarp fabric kind of material that became worn and causing extra force to be needed to move the slide in or out. The rollers that the slide runs on were catching and stretching the fabric surface. I had mine repaired by a local company that added metal runners in that area for the rollers to run on and it never had an issue after that. Here are some 'before' pictures...

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front of vanity slide.jpg (308.6 KB, 9 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2023, 07:01 AM   #18
Rodney Hoots

Thank you Chuck for your advise and picture, I think you may have solved my problem, I will try and fix it that way, Thanks again!
Rodney Hoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 11:17 PM   #19
Willyt

Default Bedroom electric slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhhorowi View Post
We have a 2004 Gulf stream Friendship 8411 with two electric slides in the bedroom. This morning, the one on the passenger side will not move. The motor is running but no movement. Any help in accessing the components to troubleshoot would be great. I do believe the area at the base of the slide out is to crank it manually but I'm reluctant to do that without know what is causing it not to move. I look forward to some information if anyone has accessed this area.
I’m having the same problem with 02 Friendship…motor runs but no movement with passenger side closet slide…. Did you ever figure it out ? Thanks for your help in advance !! Tom
Willyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 11:35 PM   #20
Willyt

I’m having the exact same problem…. the motor is running but slide won’t come out…the side of the slide has a scissor type mechanism, how does that work and how do I troubleshoot it…where’s the motor ? Oh, this is the small closet slide in bedroom.
Thanks guys !!! Willyt
Willyt is offline   Reply With Quote