Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #1
Charliechan

Default Euro-style backup mirrors

Greetings from a new owner of a 2004 Friendship G7, 4 slides, 6 speed allision. The backup mirrors remind me of the types I've seen on European buses, mounted at the top and not much protrusion to the sides. The mirrors are remote controlled and have rubber boots to cover/protect the moveable parts. My boots are in need of serious repair/replacement. I can't find the part number, the manufacturer and neither can my local Gulfstream dealer. Does any member have a suggestion?
Thanks, Chan Lofland
Charliechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 12:03 AM   #2
Chuck v

Default Re: Euro-style backup mirrors

Chan,

I would think the first thing you need to do is determine the manufacturer of the mirror itself. Does it match the model BRT 8" x 22" made by Hadley and shown on page 23 of their catalog here:
http://www.hadleyadvantage.com/wp-conte ... atalog.pdf

Another maker is Velvac, but their site does not list anything for the Friendship and the only inverted mirror they show is for the Fleetwood American and Revolution -- that picture is here: https://secure.velvac.com/checkout/fron ... =30&page=1
They also do not appear to have a rubber boot like the Hadley units...

Good luck -- sorry I was not of more help.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
Charliechan

Default Re: Euro-style backup mirrors

Thanks Chuck, I had checked the velvac site and found zero, but the Hadley you referenced shows promise. I'll call them on Monday to get more info. I did find out that Phoenix Inc was the original supplier for Gulfstream and dropped the mirror and supply of replacement boots when the MH line was dropped. Thanks again, Chan
Charliechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:46 AM   #4
gezzer

Default Gulfstream G& mirrors

I too had the rubber boots deteriorate.
In my searches the closest match I found was Mirrors made for the King Long Bus. I never found an exact boot replacement but did find whole mirror assemblies out of China through Alibaba

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...7121.77.suikEi

model B-11013 has the correct mounting and comes as close to OEM as I could find a set costs $100 but the shipping is the kicker at $300
gezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:15 PM   #5
boatguypat

I too have a 2004 G7, and looking for a replacement grommet. Any further word on replacements? Anyone buy the whole mirror?
boatguypat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #6
gezzer

Yes I bought a pair of whole mirror assemblies from China . They look nice but are poorly made. The rubber bellows tears easy and the hinge bolt needed tightening (the passenger mirror folded back on me while I was driving on the road at 60mph in Orlando interstate traffic great fun) A month ago one of the useless convex mirrors literally fell off (found it broken on the ground)
If I had it to do over I'd order a mirror assembly for the King Long Bus that didn't have that joint covered by the rubber bellows (just another two points of failure that can be eliminated) Regards fellow G4 owners
Old 01-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #7
boatguypat

Thank you @gezzer
Old 06-16-2019, 01:49 PM   #8
ToddPet

Just took ownership of a Friendship G7 2004. Does anybody know if the entire mirror housing moves? If so, how do I do that? The driver side mirror has its line of sight blocked by the the driver side windshield pillar. Whenever I want to look to driver mirror I have to lean over so I can see it fully.

Also, my rubber assembly is looking a little worse for wear. Has anybody found a way to replace or repair this part? Or, are most of you replacing the mirrors themselves.
ToddPet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:08 AM   #9
gezzer

Yes the arm has a pivot point under the rubber just a bolt to loosen. Caution tighten it up strongly or your mirror will move out to practically a right angle when you're up to speed. Yes it happened to me lol (wasn't funny at the time)

I bought a set of replacement mirrors from China . Cant recommend them -their rubber is going bad already.
If I do it again-- they make Mirror assemblies ,that appear to be fixed with out the adjustable joint or rubber bellows. I might try a pair of those.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:59 AM   #10
ToddPet

Thanks Gezzer, I'll give the adjustment a try.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:38 PM   #11
boatguypat

Good morning,

The mirrors on your unit were bought from a company called Phoenix and you can call them directly at 931-526-6128. We don’t have any of their product left.

Thank you and have a good day!

Millie Birchfield

Gulf Stream Coach

Motorized Parts & Service
Old 05-29-2020, 02:52 PM   #12
ToddPet

Default Gulfstream Mirrors

Thank you boatguypat for suggesting I reach out to Phoenix USA Inc. I did get ahold of them and they said they haven't had the mirrors for 10 years.