Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
dsomonster

Default DVD Player/Surround System in Supernova 6400N

Does anyone know the model number of the DVD player in our rigs? I can't read my label anymore and need a replacement. I just left a message with Conquest since it should be covered under warranty but no call back as of yet.
Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 04-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Texas TC

I had mine replaced twice when my SuperNova was in warranty. Unfortunately, the original units in my early model Nova are different than the ones in the newer models so I cannot help you with the model number.

The point I do want to make is that I had the dealer make contact with GS/Conquest rather than trying myself and on each occasion, the dealer was successful in getting GS to allow the replacement and send the replacement to the dealer for installation. I would work with my dealer if I were you. They can get a replacement installed with little or no stress on your part.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #3
dsomonster

Thanks, Tex,
I knew you would chime in with best possible answer. My dealer is going through some internam changes right now and I would be worse off trying to go through that circus.
I did leave a message with the owner of the dealership so I hope to get a call back from him also.
I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 04-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
Jim&Karin

Default DVD

I have removed my DVD player from my 2008 Endura which was purchased new in October 2008. It has already been repaired under warranty by the manufacturer. My dealer sent it to the manufacturer and while it was out being repaired, I replaced the unit with a surround sound system and a DVD recorder. The unit removed was a IWDVD-100 DVD Receiver System. On rear of the unit: EN-F10HT DVD Receiver System, IWDVD-100, DC 12V, 90W, Imported BY: Midwest Sales South Bend Ind. My unit is black with front dimensions of 8 1/4" wide x 9" high. Power switch is on front in top left corner with volume buttons just to the right of the power switch. Digital display is right above the DVD Slot. Below DVD slot is written "Pummell Drive". Bottom of the front panel has from left to right a USB port, "3 in 1 SD Slot", Speaker A-B-C switch and an aux input connector. Removing the unit is easy. The left an right edges pull off and then a few screws hidden below these plastic edge frames. Connections in the rear are all plug in.

I am no longer going to use this unit. If it sounds like it is the same as your DVD unit, I would be happy to give it to you. Good Luck.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
dsomonster

Thanks for the replys. I am no longer using the cruddy stock units. I went with an RCA DVD/receiver combo and it puts out 130 total watts. I have not installed it yet since I just got it yesterday. I was thinking about repairing the stock unit but what a piece of junk that thing this. The DVD player/receiver combo cost me $70 so it is not a big ticket item. I was thinking about the Phillips DVD recorder setup but that unit was $180. I don't watch that much TV while camping. If I need the recorder than I will go that route and it has 300 watts.
Thanks for offering up your stock unit but it would sit in my garage just the same.

-Ron
Old 05-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #6
dsomonster

Update on the RCA. Finally waded through the sea of speaker wire in the ET center above the fridge and connected her to the new DVD player. Wow, what a difference from the stock unit. I think they were comparable in power but at high volume it does not distort like the stock unit. The speakers could probably handle a few more watts, but it sounds really good now and I don't need the entire campground listening to the Fast and Furious when it comes out on DVD.
Cheap $70 fix and I have backup speakers and a subwoofer if the stock units ever took a dump.

-Ron