Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
dsomonster

Default ACE Super Ride Suspension Pics

Does anyone have pics of the ACE system installed on the 4200 chassis?

I thought TexasTC posted some but I could not find it for the life of me.

I have the 6400 at a shop and would like to give him as much information as possible for his proposal to install.

I gave him Phil's information from ACE and also Aaron's information from Southwest International.

If you have any pics of the installed unit on our rig, please email them to me at: [email protected]

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ron
Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
Texas TC

Here is the link to the pictures I took quite a while ago:

viewtopic.php?t=1866&postdays=0&postorder=asc&star t=0

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
dsomonster

How did I know the Supernova Guru was going to reply to my request?

Thanks TexasTC.

I will keep you posted on my ACE system progress.

-Ron
Old 03-29-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Brian

Default Re: ACE Super Ride Suspension Pics

I am having the superride put on my 2010 6400 Super soon. The guys that are putting it on work on semi trucks and put on extra axels all the time. They are pretty comfortable with doing the job. They also have talked to Aaron at Superride. Is there anything other than putting the extra valve on right away i should tell them?? And side note How does it work when you get at camp and you put down the level jacks with the air system?? Doe they work against each other??
Old 03-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
Texas TC

There are no issues when leveling the coach after installing the ACE system. All systems work as intended. Don't forget to add the air horn now that you have a compressor on board.

Good luck!

TxTC

Old 03-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
CraigH

Hey TC,

Did you run a light to the dash to indicate when the compressor is running? Phil suggested it was a good idea to monitor how often the compressor is running. If memory serves I think he suggested on the road it may run every 45 minutes for a short period...

Thoughts?

Thanks

PS: Glad this site is back up and running!!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
Texas TC

No, I never did that. Honestly, this is the first I have heard of it. Does sound like a good idea. I might just see if I could fix up something to do just that. I have often wanted to run the air gauge in the cab. I check it periodically when I fuel to be sure I am holding a 100# or so of air. My gauge is mounted just under the propane tank on the drivers side. I don't really need it in the cab but I just like gauges.

TxTC

Old 03-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #8
Brian

Does the kit come with that pressure gauge or is that an option as well?? Should i have a light or a pressure gauge put in?? Both?? Is the compresser just out there or is it fully contained?? Should it be in a box?? Sorry for the questions but i rather ask them now .
Old 03-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
Texas TC

My compressor and air tank are exposed and mounted on the frame just behind the propane tank on my 6331 model. All the electrical and solenoid is encapsulated in a box that came with the system. My setup came with a air gauge. As previously posted, the gauge is mounted just below the propane tank. I did not get a light that alerts me when the compressor is running but I think it is a good idea.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #10
CraigH

My compressor and tank are mounted above the frame, just in front of the rear axle. The installer welded a large steel plate across the frame and then mounted everything on top of that. Like TC the I didn't add anything at the time but I will likely run a light to the dash to indicate when the compressor is running. There is a gauge and light that was included mounted along with the compressor which I can see if I look in through the left wheel well.

I have not yet added air horns or an auxiliary air connection but would like to do both.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #11
Brian

So i shouldnt worry about ice or road salt with the unit just hanging out there? I'm going to rip the cab apart soon to insulate for noise, any pointers here would be great. I have the insulation for inside engine compartment and cab. Has anyone put a cb in that empty slot under bed in cab? Is there power there, how about antenna?? How about pictures, I love pictures.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #12
Wildblue

So if I understand you guys, you could just tap off the air compressor, to run a super loud air horn up front? Could be interesting. Where would you have that done? At the International service center at the same time as the ACE installation? Or another particular place?

37' 2008 GS Conquest Endura 6362 Class "C+", International Chassis w/diesel VT365
Wildblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:10 AM   #13
Texas TC

I installed my air horn myself. Got it very reasonably off Amazon and mounted it on the frame that holds the air tank in place. The most time consuming part was running the wires to a switch on the dash and back to the air horn. Otherwise, it was a piece of cake!

TxTC

Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #14
Brian

These bags are rated for 20,000 pounds. Did i see that the bus weighs 18,000 empty? Are these bags big enough??? I have the 6400 grand hotel.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:09 AM   #15
CraigH

If memory serves, I believe Phil at ACE told me these bags are rated 20,000lbs EACH. I would suggest you give him a ring to confirm. They are always very helpful. I think the number is (559) 442-1500.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:14 AM   #16
Nanaeve

Phil did the install on our 09 6341 and they placed it in the compartment just behind the entry door where the vacum and awning control is, I moved it alittle to install a airhose reel after installing a 110V compressor for tires, tools. etc. Its out of the elements, and has not given me any problems in the year plus since they installed it. I installed a switch in the power line by the batterys to turn it off so that the chassis sits lower when going to level, my wife is not comfortable with the front wheels in the air, so I do what I can to keep it low when leveled. What do others do when you level you units?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #17
Texas TC

Wow, you got me thinking on this one. I am trying to decide if, on my coach, it would make any difference if the airbags were full of air or empty while leveling. After going through the engineering in my head I have come to the conclusion that it does not make any difference.

On my installation, the bags do not raise the chassis. They do provide me with a softer ride due to air/shocks over springs/no shocks. When I am going to level, I go through the same procedure I did before adding the ACE system. I have never had a wheels in the air situation.

My compressor is integrated with my ignition switch. When the switch is on, there is power to the compressor and I have not added or seen the need to add a separate switch. As someone previously mentioned, it might be nice to have a light on the dash that tells me when/how often the compressor is running to keep required pressure in the tank/bags.

Bottom line after all this rambling out loud on my keyboard; no leveling procedure change since adding the ACE suspension.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 AM   #18
Georunner

We camp in state and national parks often. The camp sites are normally only close to level, and the front, or rear tires would come off the ground, except that I always drive up on some blocks I made from 2 X 8s. Then I put the same amoung of blocking under the levels. I probably don't have to do this, but I don't like the idea of the tires being off the ground. Also, I have found that having the tires in contact help some with movement of the rig in high winds, which we seem to always have here in Colorado.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:30 AM   #19
Nanaeve

I have found the rear of my 6341 Endura sits 1 1/2 " higher than before the ACE system at 80 psi. We often Dry Camp and also go to State and National parks and I have never lifted a rear wheel, but seem to often lift front wheels. I place blocks under the wheels after leveling and use a 20 ton bottle-jack to get the blocks under to load the tires, I too notice the difference in the wind. Maybe this is related to my length as I'm at 37 ft , bumper to bumper. I've reset the level using a digital level once and have to admit that I see no difference. I've often spent considerable time leveling as it seems to me that the electric leveling jacks aren't suppost to jack the thing totally up in the air. Maybe its ok, but I've never, knock on wood, had a leveler problem. For what its worth.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:41 AM   #20
Brian

OMG, What a difference in ride!! I had the air ride installed here in Green Bay. They did awsome job, made box for compressor. Put in air horns. Here is the question?? It seems to really pitch left or right going into corners, i would trade the ride for this. Is this normal?? Would the shocks up front help that?? I have the 6400