Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-20-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
dcg4403

Default Feedback? 06' Vista Cruiser Mini 4270 w/ 6.0L Diesel

I'm in the process of purchasing a single owner, 2006 GS Vista Cruiser 4270 model which is a 27'-7" with the Ford 6.0L diesel.

Having owned a 7.3L and being a bit of a gear head, I'm very familiar with the 6.0L diesel and the related maintenance needs / potential head aches there. With proper maintenance and a few upgrades, they can be very reliable. I ultimately need the diesel for towing requirements and b/c I simply love them.

My question is surrounding the RV itself. I can find almost no information on the 4270 series. Seems to be a very low volume production unit. Judging from the brochure, the quality of materials seems great with a poly-tech coated aluminum roof and aluminum skins. Of course, this is generally a ton of negative information on GS as a whole....poor customer service, poor quality craftsmanship, etc. I take a lot of this with a grain of salt.

I'm hoping anyone familiar with this model can chime in on observations / experiences. I'm buying remotely (after a buyer's pre-inspection report) so it is difficult for me to check out all the fine details.

Thanks and eager to become a working part of the forum!

Devin
dcg4403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:25 AM   #2
SlimTim

Hello Dcg4403,

Sorry I can't help you with you RV specific question. However I am glad to hear somebody else out there likes the 6.0. I currently own a 7.3, 6.0 (its actually the vt365) and a 6.7. I should probably look for a used truck with the 6.4 to round out my collection. I have a couple of posts on the Supernova page about the installation on an oil cooler and water methanol injection if you are interested. Good luck without new to you RV.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote