Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
wej100

Default Nonworking interior lights

I have a 2007 BT Cruiser, and some, not all, of the interior overhead lights aren't working. (Most of those not working are in the main living compartment. The bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen seem to work okay.)
Tried replacing some bulbs - no help; checked fuses - didn't see anything. Any ideas or other suggestions?

If I get them working are there LED replacement bulbs?

I've seen that some switched to 12V LED rope lights. How would you wire them up?
wej100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
DilceFarNiente

2 possibilities; first is a GFIC in the kitchen, bathroom or compartment that's popped. Sometimes weird things are wired in downstream of these outlets.

The other; is there a switch marked "house" anywhere? In mine, the House switch lights 2 interior overhead lights, but only if the switch on the light itself is also turned on.
DilceFarNiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
wej100

Some success! Thanks DilceFarNiente!
On the left side of the step well there are four switches, one of which is labeled "Overhead Light." As you said, apparently you must turn the two interior overhead lights to 'on' first, then turn on the main "Overhead Light" switch.

Found one GFCI but it seemed to be working fine.
Still having issues with the undercabinet light over the sofa.
Thanks again.
wej100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej100 View Post
Some success! Thanks DilceFarNiente!
On the left side of the step well there are four switches, one of which is labeled "Overhead Light." As you said, apparently you must turn the two interior overhead lights to 'on' first, then turn on the main "Overhead Light" switch.

Found one GFCI but it seemed to be working fine.
Still having issues with the undercabinet light over the sofa.
Thanks again.

Just for clarification. The GFCI is a 110 VAC system feature. The interior lighting is 12VDC.

There are LEDs available. I have converted my coach to all LED. Get the bulb number and then do a search online for that number and look for Amazon oe Ebay deals. I got a bag of 20 LEDs for the outside running lights for $10. If they are the florescent tubes like the overhead lights in mine you can get those LEDs at Walmart for about $8 each.

Sudsy
Old 11-04-2018, 09:58 AM   #5
DilceFarNiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Just for clarification. The GFCI is a 110 VAC system feature. The interior lighting is 12VDC.

Sudsy
I have 110v AC lights in the slide and in the bedroom, as well as 12v lighting throughout the coach.
DilceFarNiente is offline   Reply With Quote