Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #1
heetseeker

Default What's this switch?

Looking for info on this switch....not sure what it does. Any ideas? I originally thought it was a fan for the fridge, but doesn't turn one on....
Attached Images
File Type: png sketch-1535067842611.png (1.87 MB, 44 views)
heetseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #2
Sudsy

Do you have an outside flood light?

Susy
Old 08-26-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
heetseeker

Default Switch

No floodlight. It appears to be aftermarket. I am also looking for the switch that turns on the small "theater " lights that run along the walls near the floor. I'll pull the switch when I get back in town and try to I.D. the wires. I might get lucky.
Old 09-02-2018, 08:49 PM   #4
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
No floodlight. It appears to be aftermarket. I am also looking for the switch that turns on the small "theater " lights that run along the walls near the floor. I'll pull the switch when I get back in town and try to I.D. the wires. I might get lucky.

In my coach there are side by side rocker switches for all of the overhead and those floor lights. The floor lights are on a switch of their own. They can be turned on and off in both the kitchen area and the bedroom. I would almost bet the bulbs are blown.

I also have a Master switch for the compartment lights that is located right inside the entrance door next to the second step. There are four switched there. Outside light (and fiber optic handle), living room overhead light, entrance steps on and off, and the compartment light master switch.

Sudsy
Old 09-02-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
AchyJake

Default Switch

Some RV's have lights in the storage bins . .

Those lights might have a switch near the light . .

But that switch might be the disconnect for them . .
AchyJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #6
Palm Breeze 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Looking for info on this switch....not sure what it does. Any ideas? I originally thought it was a fan for the fridge, but doesn't turn one on....
On our Palm Breeze have three like that. One in bath controls water pump. One in bedroom and one under kitchen counter controls floor lights. Had to ask on here about em as they were blown and I couldn’t for the life of me figure it out. Forums are a wonderful thing. 😁
Palm Breeze 2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 11:21 PM   #7
jamesham

Had a dark brown switch just inside the entry door that was not marked on my Gulfstream. All the other switchs were white. Turned out to be a master kill switch for ALL outside lights in the cargo bays, under step light, and door light so nothing could be left on to drain the battery.
jamesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:57 PM   #8
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesham View Post
Had a dark brown switch just inside the entry door that was not marked on my Gulfstream. All the other switchs were white. Turned out to be a master kill switch for ALL outside lights in the cargo bays, under step light, and door light so nothing could be left on to drain the battery.
I have heard it called a "Salesman Switch". I guess so salesman don't kill all the batteries on the lot.

Sudsy
Old 09-04-2018, 07:22 PM   #9
heetseeker

All those are great suggestions. I'm going to finish dinner and go up and try them all out. Been servicing the generator and engine today as well as the coach and Chassis solenoids. Big day today! Thanks for the help. I'll advise as soon as I find out.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #10
heetseeker

Switch was identified. Floor courtesy lights. After I pulled the wires and put a meter on them, they (2 of lights) were operated by 2 switches in a double pole config. Like on a long hallway that controls the lights at both ends. I replaced the burned out bulbs with a new marine LED model with sealed housing and they work great. Not a lot of light but nice at night. Now to find a motion detector to wire in and we are set. Thanks for the help on that switch I.D.