Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-04-2018, 10:51 AM   #1
Sidekick

Default grey water drain and fresh water drain?

Have just purchased a 2007 Gulfstream prairie schooner fifth wheel. It shows 2 grey water tanks on the monitor but have only found one drain beside the black water drain? Where is the other located. Also is there a drain for the fresh water holding tank. It is full of smelly water and I would like to drain and refill. Thx for any help. New to this and no manual. 🤪
Sidekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Restorium

My Factory fresh water tank has a drain in the line leading off from it. It's a tiny valve you pull up on and the water drains down below.
When I drain my fresh water I just drain it by pumping it out to a sink. Leave the faucet on. Make sure you flush it out really good.
But my tank hasn't ever gotten 'smelly'.
I might have to take the tank right out if that happened.
I placed a couple extra large tanks in the storage that I use for drinking. I take those out once a year and clean them good. Have a separate faucet for them.
Gotta take your drinking water seriously.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
mbirnbaum

Default Fresh water

Add 1 oz per 20 gallons of product like Camco 40206 TastePURE Drinking Water Freshener (or bleach) when you fill. Add a little more in 6 months, if you don't consume.

You can buy enough single plastic water bottles to pollute an ocean, or use gallon or 5 gallon jugs, but you don't need to.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:20 PM   #4
Retired RVer

Default Tank Drain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidekick View Post
Have just purchased a 2007 Gulfstream prairie schooner fifth wheel. It shows 2 grey water tanks on the monitor but have only found one drain beside the black water drain? Where is the other located. Also is there a drain for the fresh water holding tank. It is full of smelly water and I would like to drain and refill. Thx for any help. New to this and no manual. ��
On my 2004 Prairie Schooner in is in the area of the wheels.
Retired RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidekick View Post
Have just purchased a 2007 Gulfstream prairie schooner fifth wheel. It shows 2 grey water tanks on the monitor but have only found one drain beside the black water drain? Where is the other located. Also is there a drain for the fresh water holding tank. It is full of smelly water and I would like to drain and refill. Thx for any help. New to this and no manual. 🤪
You need to sanitize (bleach) fresh water tank (solution 2-oz/ 1-gal water) for each 15- gal capacity (e.g. 6-oz/ 3- gal for 45- gal tank) then fill full w/ water allow to sit 3-24 hrs.
THenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote