Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-15-2018, 07:01 AM   #1
cuttermag

Default 2008 Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze Series M-29BHS leaking

[ATTACH]536[/ATTA[ATTACH] Any ideas where this is coming from? Wet under left side of kitchen table.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2008_GulfStream_GulfBreeze_29BHS.jpg (23.5 KB, 4 views)
cuttermag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:08 AM   #2
Restorium

Awning over slide?
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #3
cuttermag

No there's no awning
Old 10-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
Restorium

Maybe;
http://www.gsowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:33 PM   #5
cuttermag

Thank you!!!
Old 10-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #6
bmoj

I have a 2005 Ultra Supreme so the slide outs should be constructed the same. I had a leak in my bedroom slide that I finally figured out (fingers crossed). The outside of your slideout is built like a picture frame with the section with the windows being the picture. The frame around the outside has 45 degree cuts at the corners. If you look at the inside of the frame you should see the 45 degree cuts. They are not a tight fit and have gaps.

On the outside of the slideout the corners are protected by square pieces. These pieces are held on by double sided tape and will deteriorate over time. After much searching I found out that my leak was coming from the 45 degree cut up in the top corner ( only on one side of the slideout). The outside corner piece was loose, so I resealed everything up there and my leak went away.

To see if that is where your leak is coming from, go to the local Dollar store, buy a shower curtain, cut some pieces to cover the suspect corner and see if the leak goes away. If it does, go up there and reseal or seal the corners.

Also look at how the sides and roof are screwed together as the sealant may have come apart. The shower curtain may give you a better idea of where the leak is coming from.
bmoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
reddn

I have a '12 28ft trailer with 1 big living room slide. My kitchen table is towards the back of the slide. I have a soft spot there too.

It comes down to the the way/method GulfStream used to waterproof the bottom plate. Where they used a full wrap with the main floor decking, they only used some type of tar like water repeleant paper on the bottom. (Full wrap means they used a plastic like material completely covering the bottom, and is tacked to the top of the floor > 2 inches from any corner) . The side of the OSB used as the floor plating was not sealed or wrapped and water got into it making it to delaminate/expand causing softness. Look in the attached youtube video, they used a wrapped floor, but the one they took out wasn't. Bill Earl and Dale make a living fixing Gulfstream's poor building practices.

Why do I know so much about this? It is happening to me now.
reddn is offline   Reply With Quote